How to find fastest lightweight PS 1.7 themes?

Hello,

I am looking for fastest lightweight Prestashop 1.7 theme. Because a want to have PS page speed not affected by some bulky colossal theme. I was trying to google it, but I got nothing? I dont understand, why next to each theme isnt some page speed informations? Especially in these days when google serp is affected by page speed load times. I think I am not the first person solving this. But maybee I am googling with wrong keywords. I am sorry, am not native english person so maybee I dont know other right phrases.

So, how can we find really fastest and lightweight themes for Prestashop 1.7? And how to do it?

Thanks for help and dicussion.

Daniel

That looks quite good. I imagine theme edited like this way for performance, seo, ... But I would prefer paid one theme where there will be updates, security update, support etc. On this, which is free, I guess I cant expect updates and so on... And their web prestarocket.com isnt working, so it looks like dead :(

Do you know how to find theme like this but paid?

Thanks,

Daniel

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@prestarocket

Hi,

i'm a presta-rocket theme user and a prestashop newbie. Since upgrade of productcoments module to v4.2.0 i encounter an issue with comment list (on product page) and stars display on home page. It looks like a compatibility issue could you help us please ?

Bonjour, j'utilise le thème presta-rocket depuis mes débuts avec prestashop et je rencontre un problème avec l'affichage des commentaires (page produit) et étoiles de notation sur la page home, et ce depuis la maj du module AVIS v4.2.0. J'ai essayé de trouver mais après pas mal de temps à chercher j'avoue que j'ai besoin d'aide.

Je vous remercie par avance

• 6 months later...

Hi!
Following the previous comments to the topic, I wanted to ask if someone managed to obtain the same issues I hereby expose:
I am basically deciding on which theme base a personalized version for my webshop, so I installed a fresh 1.7.7.4 and tested the page speed insights on both the regular Classic 1.0.0 theme and PrestaRocket 3.1.1.0 (compatible with 1.7.7.x) and I have obtained a 97/98 score on the classic and a disappointing 74/96 on the Rocket.
Am I doing something wrong or certain improvements have been taken into account on the classic PrestaShop that managed to beat in performances PrestaRocket optimized theme?
Any Clue?
Thanks!

The fastest shops we have built by replacing default theme .css with our design.

We only then need to add a robust menu module.

Also 1.7 supports one .css .js CCC file.  But all themes and/or modules do not comply with this standard so we end up like previous versions of PS where we have multiple (by page type) .css .js CCC files.

We even wrote a module to 'fix' non compliant theme/modules

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/website-performance/50624-front-end-css-performance-one-css-ccc-all-shop-pages.html

We could not make .js work, but theme/module developers are not building their works to comply with probably the most signficant performance feature on the planet.  Also the original develoer of this great feature left PS and addon's is not requiring module packing to meet these requirements.  pretty sad abou it to be honest as I wrote several modules for 1.6  and earlier that were used as base idea for 1.7.

TIP you  can test  if your shop is broke by enabling CCC, then view source of your shop pages and see if  CCC of .css .js have same name.

2 hours ago, prestarocket said:

Hello,

we are working on v2 : https://crv2.prestarocket.com/

you can test perf on this v2

That's a rocket, I get 97 and 94, and you are even implementing rounded graphical elements as the trend is pushing all of us forward. Wider and nicer, Yet minimal, without shadows or textures. I like it much more. Great job! Scheduled release?

1 hour ago, El Patron said:

The fastest shops we have built by replacing default theme .css with our design.

We only then need to add a robust menu module.

Also 1.7 supports one .css .js CCC file.  But all themes and/or modules do not comply with this standard so we end up like previous versions of PS where we have multiple (by page type) .css .js CCC files.

We even wrote a module to 'fix' non compliant theme/modules

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/website-performance/50624-front-end-css-performance-one-css-ccc-all-shop-pages.html

We could not make .js work, but theme/module developers are not building their works to comply with probably the most signficant performance feature on the planet.  Also the original develoer of this great feature left PS and addon's is not requiring module packing to meet these requirements.  pretty sad abou it to be honest as I wrote several modules for 1.6  and earlier that were used as base idea for 1.7.

TIP you  can test  if your shop is broke by enabling CCC, then view source of your shop pages and see if  CCC of .css .js have same name.

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

So, in you opinion, I'll better start trying a customization from the classic theme instead of presta-rocket, or you actually meant you have used presta rocket as a solid base for each of your in-house developed customizations?
I came from a heavy Apollo personalization framework and my website scores a 34 and 85, so I am in trouble with google still I would like to maintain a good level of personalization. My skills bettered last couple of years and the objective is to create a personally tailor made theme.

22 hours ago, nicoledesignstore said:

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

So, in you opinion, I'll better start trying a customization from the classic theme instead of presta-rocket, or you actually meant you have used presta rocket as a solid base for each of your in-house developed customizations?
I came from a heavy Apollo personalization framework and my website scores a 34 and 85, so I am in trouble with google still I would like to maintain a good level of personalization. My skills bettered last couple of years and the objective is to create a personally tailor made theme.

rocket theme is good choice and good hosting...a lot of  this has to  do with robust hosting......and don't fret to much about page scores, google actually measures above the fold render...nobody cares when your footer loads.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...