[SOLVED] Change loading method of product pics on product page

Jrmy Frl

Hi to all, I am looking for someone who can work on this matter :

On the product page of my theme (zro03), pictures of the products are loaded differently whether it is the desktop version or the mobile version.

Desktop version : Default cover image is loaded/displayed and the rest of the images are loaded/displayed via ajax when the user click on one of the thumbnail pics

Mobile version : Images are all loaded at once when the page load

My concern is, my images are a bit heavy, not too much, but still 600kb to 1.2mb. On desktop version, clicking on one of the thumbnail picture can take up to 5 seconds to display it, this is not acceptable as the rest of the website is performing alright. Now i would like to get the behavior of the mobile version, which is loading all the pictures at the first page load, then when the user click on one of the thumbnail picture, the display would be instant.

I actually tried to contact the theme author, but it did not really help, i was told to activate lazy loading and that he could not explain why the theme is behaving like that.

I believe there is some tweaks to do in the product-cover-thumbnails.tpl file and possibly some JS.

Thank you

• razaro changed the title to [SOLVED] Change loading method of product pics on product page