Problem with "Information" and 1click upgrade

46racer46

Hi everyone,

PS 1.6.1.18

PHP 7.1.11

I have some problems that I have been following for some time (probably caused by some previous modules, in DB)

-If I click on "Advanced Parameters--> Information" After some time, the website go in timeout.

- If I install 1 click upgrade, the installation go in timeout, but i find the module installated.

-If I try to open 1click upgrade, it doesn't work (timeout too -  Timeout waiting for output from CGI script)

thanks to anyone who tries to help me,

Alex

• 1 year later...

"Advanced Parameters--> Information" always takes very long. So if you have an impatient server (with too strict limits)you get a timeout.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, 46racer46 said:

- If I install 1 click upgrade, the installation go in timeout, but i find the module installated.

Module installation will always copy the files - even when it encounters an error. So next time you will find it "installed" even if there was an error. Try installing with debug mode enabled to see whether there is an error and look also in the server's error log.

I can't modify PHP max execution time as I use a shared hosting for now.

So I guess there is not other solution than use a private host.

There is no error message at all when using Debug mode, even on the website or in server logs.

It just hits cgi timeout.

"Advanced Parameters--> Information" is not very interesting. So don't bother about that.

Installing the 1-click upgrade module should be a quick procedure. That is where you should look for the error message. And if that timeouts it isn't max execution time but something else. Try checking for javascript errors.

I don't bother on Information tab, I do mention it cause it has the same behaviour has 1-Click Upgrade.

1-Click Upgrade isn't quick for me, I guess something is wrong and trying to find out what.

There is no error at all, neither in logs nor in console.

It calls https://domain.com/admin/index.php?controller=AdminSelfUpgrade

Then XHR POST https://domain.com/admin/index.php/common/notifications?.... and ended with Internal Server Error after 160 seconds

Tried to launch it several times, ended each time the same.

Uninstall and reinstall 1-Click Upgrade module doesn't fix it.

I appreciate your help ;)

Edited by DotTom (see edit history)

I don't get your point.

I advised INSTALLING (not running) 1-click upgrade to check for the error. No sign that you did that.

As far running it:

- you are advised to make a backup of the files and database by yourself and switch the backup settings in the module off.

- personally I never run upgrade on a server. I always download files and database and upgrade them on localhost and then I upload again. Chances that things go wrong are much too high.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)