Problems installing 1.7.6.1 "Launch your shop" Welcome module in the way

So the installation went well as far as unpacking and creating database and connecting to the database (pretty standard for any php installation), and was able to login to the admin backend.

However this was the first problem I came across:

PROBLEM:
The issue is the "Launch your shop" helper thing that popped up. I clicked on LATER, but the problem with this is that it puts a block down in the bottom left corner (with the percent you are at and a RESUME button) and this block covers the Shop Parameters and Advanced Parameters so you can can not access those settings while it is there. I then clicked on RESUME and it asks me to add a product (which I did) and I saved the product, but it just keeps coming back to the ADD A PRODUCT screen and I can not seem to figure out what it wants me to do, so you are forever stuck on the ADD A PRODUCT screen.

SOLUTION:
It turns out that this is the WELCOME MODULE forcing you to do this, so the only thing I came up with was to disable that module. Go to IMPROVE > MODULES > MODULE MANAGER and then type WELCOME in the serach box and then click on DISABLE to shut it off. Click on DASHBOARD or refresh your screen and the RESUME BLOCK in the bottom left corner will disappear.