[SOLVED] i am missing Cash on delivery module

Hello!

I really miss the cash on delivery module. There was a COD module available in version 1.5.3 but it was not working correctly. Does anyone have a working module or some other solution?

thank you

Sorry, but it is not working for me. I installed the last svn which doesn't have COD module and upload the module you paste in previous post. When checkout i received error and the site gets broken. Can you do something about it. I am attaching picture.

thank you

post-323524-0-20342800-1336658770_thumb.jpg

Hi troyrob and elfstone,

I just checked with our 1.5 development team, and the COD module has in fact been removed. However, if there does appear to be demand for it, the will consider reintegrating it.

-Mike

That is really unfortunate. That is a vital module for me and a couple people i know. If it remains out i won't be able to upgrade :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Report a malfunction of the module cashondelivery (1.5 RC):

Payment confirmation is not working and displaying only a blank page.

More precisely, the execution stops at the point in the file validation.php:

echo Module::display('cashondelivery', $ template);

To quickly resolve i commented the request for confirmation, is no longer given the opportunity to confirm the payment method but it works.

If you have the elegant solution would be grateful

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is not very understandable :wacko: that Prestashop doesn't have a standard COD + fee module.

In the US and northern Europe (steps ahead), delivery after a payment with PayPal and credit cards might be trusted, reliable and accepted, in other parts of Europe and the rest of the world it certainly is not.

When we don't offer COD, in Spain, we might loose a 25% of our sales because the people still don't trust the virtual shops to deliver when they pay upfront. In other parts of the world this percentage might even be a lot higher.

So COD + fee is (still) an essential module.

• Like 2

It is not very understandable :wacko: that Prestashop doesn't have a standard COD + fee module.

In the US and northern Europe (steps ahead), delivery after a payment with PayPal and credit cards might be trusted, reliable and accepted, in other parts of Europe and the rest of the world it certainly is not.

When we don't offer COD, in Spain, we might loose a 25% of our sales because the people still don't trust the virtual shops to deliver when they pay upfront. In other parts of the world this percentage might even be a lot higher.

So COD + fee is (still) an essential module.

Here in czech republic it's more than 50%

• 2 months later...

good

I'm taking the first steps in prestashop and after giving a lot of laps and read many topics on this subject

I still do not give the problem, I installed version 1.5 and now added the COD module of prestashop and he even

working the problem is I can not edit the module, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by JPMacedo (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

This is very frustrating. After upgrading my customers online shop i saw "Cah on Delivery" module missing from payment step. How this thread can be marked as SOLVED if there were no solution given to solve the issue???

Anyone knows some alternatives for COD? Please help.

I have a solution:

I downloaded and installed file provided by Mike Kranzler

Hi elfstone,

This is the very latest version of the COD module on SVN. Go ahead and give it a try!

zip.gif cashondelivery.zip 17.01K 246 downloads

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Then in this file:

Modules/CashOnDelivery/validation.php

Change this line:

To this line:

$smarty->display(dirname(__FILE__).'/'.$template);

It seems that there is a problem with module class display method. So i simply changed to Smarty way of displaying tpl files.

Edited by wampsi (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all!

I have a small business and i need cash on delivey module, with fixed fee + percentage....

I'm running the last versions 1.5.3

It's quite important for me and i think this module should be already installed by default...

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

In my country Romania, it is rarely when people pay upfront with credit cards.

Since the customers are not interested din paying by card (a lot of them fear about having their card details stolen) I didn't bother to set up payment by card.

So 100% of my customers pay by cash on delivery.

For me COD is 100% essential...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Report a malfunction of the module cashondelivery (1.5 RC):Payment confirmation is not working and displaying only a blank page.More precisely, the execution stops at the point in the file validation.php:

To quickly resolve i commented the request for confirmation, is no longer given the opportunity to confirm the payment method but it works.If you have the elegant solution would be grateful

Three years and prestashop doesn't repair.

UNBELIEVABLE

• Confused 1

• 2 years later...