No Page Choices for CMS Block

Lisa

I just installed 1.4 on my test box, and have all the default pages, products and such loaded. I'm trying to change the items listed on the CMS block module, and I think I'm missing something. Should there be a list of the default pages (delivery, legal notices, etc.) for me to choose from? All I get is a dropdown with the top level category, Home, in it. If I try to change the title of the block, I get this error:

You must choose at least one page or subcategory to create a CMS block

But, there's nothing there to choose from.

Screen grab attached. Send help! Thanks.

36890_IZaTV0AVKgqzLYJcjHFB_t

Rocky, as you can see by the image I attached, I cannot choose anything. The lone dropdown has one choice: Home. When I choose that, and try to save the module, I get the error message shown. I never get to the point where I can choose pages to put into the module. I'm just sort of stuck in an endless loop of one choice, and one error message.

Well, that's it for me: I've tried everything I can think of to figure this out, and can't. This is the third minor issue I've been unable to solve on my own.

I'm sad that I have to uninstall PrestaShop, and look for another solution, but if I can't solve simple problems in less than 24 hours, what's going to happen when I come up against something big?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having exactly the same problem; I have created a new CMS subcategory with it's own set of pages. When I try to add a new CMS block, I get the same error, saying 'You must choose at least one page or subcategory to create a CMS block'. I have chosen the subcategory, but no joy.. Come on Prestashop; whats happening here?

I've reported this as a bug; it's a little annoying when something that used to work suddenly stops working..

If I wanted to use the CMS features from 1.4 RC1, which files and folders would I need to update, and is it even possible? It must only a handful of files that have stopped this working...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a temp solution to remove the 'Our Stores' link from the CMS Block Info you can edit the modules file 'blockcms.tpl
In /modules/blockcms open the file blockcms.tpl

Go to line 41 -

{if $cms_title.display_store}getPageLink('stores.php')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}{/if}

Add {* in the beginning of the line and *} at the end of the line.

example

{* {if $cms_title.display_store}getPageLink('stores.php')}" title="{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}">{l s='Our stores' mod='blockcms'}{/if} *}

this will take it away.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed 1.4.1 and now it's not working for me either. It was working just fine with 1.4.0.17. I've been comparing the code, but haven't found the issue yet.

----

Well, after some fiddling around with the Ajax call, I finally figured out I was getting a 500 Internal server error on the Ajax call to modules/blockcms/ajax_blockcms.php.

Remember the installation instructions to set each modules and all sub-folders to 777, I looked for another that was 755 and tried to access the .php file. Success! So I proceeded to change the modules folder and all sub-folders back to 755. The 500 internal server error went away when I manually accessed modules/blockcms/ajax_blockcms.php. Hmmm.

I took out all my debugging garbage and tried it and it finally worked and I got the list of CMS pages and subcategories. I can now create new CMS blocks.

So something is up with the chmod 777 on the modules/blockcms folder. I suspect some config with my apache server. Not sure yet what it might be though. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

• 2 weeks later...

That's normal. The "Our stores" page is not a CMS page. You must go to Tools > Stores to hide the "Our stores" links. Change "Display in the footer" to "No" and "Display in the sitemap page" to "No" too if you don't want it displayed on the sitemap.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I just installed 1.4 on my test box, and have all the default pages, products and such loaded. I'm trying to change the items listed on the CMS block module, and I think I'm missing something. Should there be a list of the default pages (delivery, legal notices, etc.) for me to choose from? All I get is a dropdown with the top level category, Home, in it. If I try to change the title of the block, I get this error:

You must choose at least one page or subcategory to create a CMS block

But, there's nothing there to choose from.

I changed the permissions of my modules folder from 777 to 755, including all subfolders and files and it started working for me after weeks of trying to sort it out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem...

...and solution (for me): add missing "active" column in "ps_cms" table.

Open:

cPanel

Databases

phpMyAdmin

---your database---

ps_cms

Click on 2nd tab "Structure"

Add 1 column with after #3 (position) --> Go

active tinyint(1) UNSIGNED No 0

and will find column #4

That's all

post-126406-0-96848900-1335283450_thumb.png

post-126406-0-86708500-1335283458_thumb.png

post-126406-0-57689900-1335283466_thumb.png

Edited by castel (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

OK. I figured this out.

It's about permission, NOT in the database as someone suggested but in the file system.

If first tried to change the permission on just the folder module/blockcms and it didn't work. The after reading another post, I tried to go one by one and changed the permission to 755 on each file in that directory, like blockcms.js, blockcms.php etc.

They were all set at 777 after my move from a different host.

Hopefully 755 won't break other things.

• 3 weeks later...

Changing the permissions fixed it for me too. Apparently some servers view 777 as a security risk. I changed all files in the modules directory to 755. FileZilla will recurse into subdirectories and change them all if you want. This also solves the problem of removing the "stores" link, because you can edit the home cms category and check the box to remove the stores link. Thanks to the person above who found this fix.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally figured it out for myself! None of the other tips worked for me (file permissions, etc) and I didn't want to hack the files.

I simply used the Firefox browser! The issue I think for most people is you can't see the list of pages at the bottom of the option list. I use Chrome and this was true for me. But when I switched to Firefox... VOILA! there they were.

Check out my screen captures. On Chrome, no list of pages. On Firefox, there they are.

post-396403-0-58632000-1346928172_thumb.png

post-396403-0-24742900-1346928173_thumb.png

• 2 years later...

Sorry for an archeology but I have the same problem.

None of the above solutions worked.

Tried changing browsers, changing permissions to 755, and checked for an "active" column in database.

Still none of my cms pages are listed. But the funny thing is that those pages which were added befeore the "bug" are visible in front office. I just can't change, remove or add new one.

Can anyone help me?