Hi, need help - Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted

Hi, I have a problem with my site. Since yesterday, customers can't load site.com/order page. It is blank and the bug report says: 

[29-Sep-2014 14:40:38 Europe/*****] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/********/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 101

Hosting company increased the size, but with no effect. It appears there is a script that runs for quite a long time. Problem appeared yesterday. Error log says: [29-Sep-2014 13:33:02 Europe/******] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file /home/******/public_html/cache/smarty/cache/crossselling/productfooter/2510/2/4/236/f8/5a/34/wrt5429355e123658.72913840' in /home/******/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php:44
Stack trace:
#0 /home/******/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_cacheresource_file.php(102): Smarty_Internal_Write_File::writeFile('/home/******/p...', '<?php /*%%Smart...', Object(Smarty))
#1 /home/******/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_cacheresource.php(367): Smarty_Internal_CacheResource_File->writeCachedContent(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), '<?php /*%%Smart...')
#2 /home/******/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(230): Smarty_Template_Cached->write(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), '<?php /*%%Smart...')
#3 /home/******/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(259): Smarty_Internal_Template->writeCachedContent('?')
#4 /home/******/public in /home/******/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:35 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered.php on line 2648
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:35 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/classes/tax/TaxRulesTaxManager.php on line 97
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:35 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered.php on line 2658
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:35 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/classes/Product.php on line 2651
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:35 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/classes/Tab.php on line 271
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:35 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered.php on line 2658
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:36 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/modules/crossselling/crossselling.php on line 212
[29-Sep-2014 13:42:36 Europe/******] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/modules/crossselling/crossselling.php on line 235

Help needed!

Ask your host to increase the maximum memory allocation for each php process.

You can refer to this page for additional information.  Its a drupal page, but has the information you need to correct the issue

https://www.drupal.org/node/207036

Hi I found the solution. In case someone experiences the same problem, here is what I did:

When loading the order page, which is shopping-cart.tpl, it appears that PS checks for discount codes, which in my case was the problem. I had a module installed for FB and G+ discount codes in product pages. The G+ voucher module has been creating 5-6 codes every second, and the tables ps_cart_rule and ps_cart_rule_lang were quite big. I had to delete the module G+ voucher (not just disactivate), but truly delete, and empty the 2 tables above. Just go to phpmyadmin from cpanel and execute the commands: 

DELETE FROM `***myDB****`.`ps_cart_rule` WHERE `date_add` < 'now'

DELETE FROM `****myDB***`.`ps_cart_rule_lang` WHERE 1

where *****myDB***** is the name of your prestashop database name.

Since then my shop.com/order page does not load blank file with the msg: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/********/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 101

Btw, I had quite big tables ps_connections_source and ps_connectioins, which I emptied them as well, This sped up my site as a whole.