Upgrade database 1.5 to 1.6

I have a question about upgrading database:

I have site A (live)

Site B (dev) with all upgrading to 1.6.0.9 and its running fine.

I now want to go live with Site B but I need all the things that  have happen on site A meanwhile the developing was going on at siteB to be moved to site B and then go live with it.

So will it be any problems with that? How much difference are there between these two databases?

//Patrik

Edited by corecosmetic (see edit history)

there is a huge amount of difference in database structures.  you can look in the folder from PS v1.6.0.9 "\prestashop\install\upgrade\sql" and you will see all the database changes for each version of Prestashop. 

Why are you trying to take your Site B and make that live.  Why aren't you upgrading Site A, and then applying all the changes you have made in your development store to your production store.

there is a huge amount of difference in database structures.  you can look in the folder from PS v1.6.0.9 "\prestashop\install\upgrade\sql" and you will see all the database changes for each version of Prestashop. 

Why are you trying to take your Site B and make that live.  Why aren't you upgrading Site A, and then applying all the changes you have made in your development store to your production store.

Hi bellini13, maybe I need to explain better ;-)

The live site are 1.5, so I made a clone of that, put it on our dev server, upgraded it and fixed the few issues that came up.

Meanwhile Site A was running live ( 1 weeks time) means orders, customer info etc were increasing.

So that part I don´t want to do on a live environment.

And at the same time we moved to another hosting company.

I do this very frequently.  What you did is very common and good practice.  You created a duplicate site, upgraded, tested and applied fixes.  I applaud you because most don't.

However, now you should repeat that process.  You should upgrade your live store directly, and then just apply the fixes you made to you dev store.  Just take the live store offline during the upgrade period, and leave it offline while you apply your fixes.  This will be much easier than trying to merge/sync the live and test databases.

I do this very frequently.  What you did is very common and good practice.  You created a duplicate site, upgraded, tested and applied fixes.  I applaud you because most don't.

However, now you should repeat that process.  You should upgrade your live store directly, and then just apply the fixes you made to you dev store.  Just take the live store offline during the upgrade period, and leave it offline while you apply your fixes.  This will be much easier than trying to merge/sync the live and test databases.

That is not possible, to many changes and to big risc.

It mus be another way to just implement the things that have been going on at live site meanwhile we develope the other one.

I have another one that is the same issue with but its from 1.3.7 to 1.6.0.9  ;-)

So I need some help with this.