How do I defer Javascript and make Google happy?

According to GT metrix there are a few javascript issues that I wouls like to solve. Recently I removed the "async" hack from my website and now that "defer parsing of javascript" comes up again together with some other javascript issues:

Xx5yUil.png

-------------------------------------------------------

Also on pingdom I see two errors of which I do not know how to handle: 

h1ED2qW.png

IUrwTcf.png   (I see a double slash at the end...?)

--------------------------------------------------------

Any help and/or advice is much appriciated.

Or is it better to leave this for what it is and if so, why? 

to get perfect java bottom requires that theme/modules support full java bottom.  This was introduced in 1.6, but again the theme and modules must be compliant.  the default bootstrap and modules out of installation work with all java bottom.

you have two .js cache files built, the top by PrestaShop (those you identified that must be loaded top in order for shop to run) and the second at bottom, built by javapro.

because shop owners and theme developers sometimes cheat, i.e. they hard code java (and css) calls without calling compliant PrestaShop functions, they are orphaned and you can not manage them nor can native PrestaShop CCC them.  So they count against your rating and slow above the page fold render.  to include  the orphaned files there is a module that helps, there may be others JAVASCRIPT | CSS SPLICER TOOL.

hope this helps

• Like 1