[Module] JAVASCRIPT .js | CSS .css SPLICER TOOL

ccc-orphaned-js-and-css-files.jpg

JAVASCRIPT | CSS SPLICER TOOL

PrestaShop Compliant 1.5 | 1.6
MultiShop Compliant
Core | DB changes: No

For: PrestaNerds

TECHNICAL OVERVIEW:

• Often time’s template designers will code by hand .js and .css files in theme header.tpl and other .tpl and module files.
  • This results in ,js and .css files not being included in native PrestaShop combine compress cache (CCC) and more.
  • This directly impacts shop performance and lowering SEO score.

FEATURES:

• Add CSS and/or Javascript to the pages of your shop.

MODULE FEATURES:

• Replace .js or .css files had coded in theme (header.tpl).  There may be other hand coded can be found.
  • Once added with module, simply remove hand coded call.
  • You can also add local or remote .js or .css files to be included in header of your shop anytime you want.

BENEFIT TO MERCHANT

• Consolidate all .js and .css files for smarth cache CCC and minify.
  • Decrease time of page render (by include in native CCC)
  • Positive impact on visitor experience and naturally increasing SEO.

08.11.2014-17.49.png

• Like 1

man, you are hitting the g spot with your modules! is there any back office demo for this module?Also, can i combine with your javapro module for even better results.

Edited by laziali (see edit history)

man, you are hitting the g spot with your modules! is there any back office demo for this module?

Hi, thanks you are very kind.  For this little tool I have not yet created demo.  i will update this post when further news.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use this module, El Patron xD. 

In a short sentence, does it unload the hardcoded .css and .js files from the theme.tpl file so that it's cached and compressed in the CCC?

I'm still trying to figure out how to use this module, El Patron xD. 

In a short sentence, does it unload the hardcoded .css and .js files from the theme.tpl file so that it's cached and compressed in the CCC?

Hola amigo!...you advanced customer, before user guide, I apologize, last thing programmers do is the .doc.

1. visit page, right click view source and find orphaned .css and .js files (that are hard coded).  If ccc is on for that file type it's easier to see as it's not included in ccc.

2. add the file location as you see in the source to the module.

3. revisit the page, right click to view source

(best now to turn off CCC for .css or .js whichever your are working with.

4. you should see the file now in grouped .css or .js files.  click on link you added to ensures that module found it, click link to see source.  (note you will not see if file location is incorrect in module)

5. if found, then modify the hard coded value call (i.e. headter.tpl) comment out the hard coded call.

6. then go retest that it's being called as in (2.) (test test test makes a good shop manager)

We hope to have user guide posted soon.  yo soy cansado.

• Like 1