No Option to Add to Cart on Site for Unregistered User

alisonsheehan

I have prestashop 1.6 installed on StartLogic. Also installed is Advanced Customization Module.

I have a site with jewelry on it for sale - or it should be.

Option to enable 'guest checkout' is enabled under Preferances, so that users can buy things without registering if they chose.

Problem - if I test as a user who is not registered, I have no option to add to cart.  If I log in, I see add to cart code.

Anyone know if there is another setting on which the preferences setting is dependent or if there is another setting that over-rides if enabled?

I am a newbie - but I have the shop up and customizations configured, so I have gotten fairly familiar with the back office.

Any ideas appreciated! 

I have prestashop 1.6 installed on StartLogic. Also installed is Advanced Customization Module.

I have a site with jewelry on it for sale - or it should be.

Option to enable 'guest checkout' is enabled under Preferances, so that users can buy things without registering if they chose.

Problem - if I test as a user who is not registered, I have no option to add to cart.  If I log in, I see add to cart code.

Anyone know if there is another setting on which the preferences setting is dependent or if there is another setting that over-rides if enabled?

I am a newbie - but I have the shop up and customizations configured, so I have gotten fairly familiar with the back office.

Any ideas appreciated! 

Hello, hello. Thanks for joining the Forum. Do you have a URL? Also, is this the module you are referring to? http://addons.prestashop.com/en/front-office-features-prestashop-modules/6638-advanced-customizations.html

Thank you for replying so fast!  That is the module, and it is working.

Actually, I feel dumb, but I figured out the issue and it was self-inflicted. :  \

I disabled the 'visitor' user type.  I thought 'guest' was the same and it sounded redundant to me.  Guess that was wrong!  I just re-enabled visitor and the cart code is back for unregistered users.

Always happens, I go ahead and call support, or post a forum topic, and THEN figure out the answer to my issue.  Oh well. 

Thank you!

• Like 2

Thank you for replying so fast!  That is the module, and it is working.

Actually, I feel dumb, but I figured out the issue and it was self-inflicted. :  \

I disabled the 'visitor' user type.  I thought 'guest' was the same and it sounded redundant to me.  Guess that was wrong!  I just re-enabled visitor and the cart code is back for unregistered users.

Always happens, I go ahead and call support, or post a forum topic, and THEN figure out the answer to my issue.  Oh well. 

Thank you!

That's a good way. It's proactive at least! I'm happy you found the answer. If you have any questions, make a forum thread and send me the link to your post in a PM!  

and yes, the solution was in the enabling or disabling of "Customer Groups" 

• Like 1