Integration with Joomla 2.5

Hello,

My first post here so please be patient.

Can you tell me if the new Prestashop will integrate with Joomla 2.5?

I am waiting on PS 1.5, and will begin to build my website (blog, forum, image gallery) in Joomla2.5, adding in the online store once PS1.5 is ready.

Most Importantly: Will my clients be able to use the same logon for PS and Joomla?

ie. one logon for the whole Joomla/PS1.5 website

Many thanks in advance

the-coffee-locator150.jpg

Edited by TheCoffeeLocator (see edit history)

I think that a better solution would be to have your Joomla an PrestaShop as separate entities and then connect them by menuing and make them appear cohesive by theming them simularly. So you create your joomla, theme it, add all your joomla fun to it. In another directory. install your PrestaShop, theme it like your Joomla, then in the joomla, put a menu link (or links) to the prestashop stuff and in your PS add links to your Joomla stuff. Dont try and iframe your PS either..it will be nothing but trouble. If you are really spiffy, you could create or pay for a few joomla modules which pop the PS data and/or a few PS modules to pop the Joomla data

And that is one way to skin that cat.

Thanks SuperCharlie. My problem with that is that I am aiming for a seemless website:

• I would really prefer 1 logon for both systems
  • I would like each user to have 1 profile, showing both their purchase history, blog comments, jomsocial interactions all in 1 profile page
  • I would like to use lots of modules/extensions showing top sellers, latest products ecc. from PS in Joomla, and vice versa

Anyway, it looks like I may have to use your approach as PS 1.5 is not ready yet, and business must go on, which means starting the build in Joomla and adding the shop in a few months

• 2 weeks later...
Has anybody tried running Prestashop inside Joomla? I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has done this. Thanks

It's a lot of work with risks because of still unstable code, so I guess nobody will try to integrate it with Joomla (any other CMS) until the 1.5 final (and stable) release... just wait or try himself.

See, today again new customer registration on checkout are broken. Regressions...

Edited by Nick Fedchik (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for your Joomla 2.5 component with shared login.

Not really happy with Virtuemart system so I would like to try a more powerful solution for my joomla eCommerce websites.

I will release a prestashop component for Joomla 2.5 with shared login before the end of this week.

Hi TheCoffeeLocator,

I saw this and figured I could add my two bits here. The link below will be interesting once you visit it.

http://prestashop-joomla.com/online-demo/index.php?option=com_iqcart&view=iqcart&Itemid=165

Here's the kicker, straight from the author's mouth:

Aint for the faint of heart, but here you go.

Visual Integration Guide

Now you have your user accounts synchronized, you might also want to visually integrate your software with Joomla. As this will give your users a better browsing experience, moving from one software to another while having an integrated look. There are three ways you can achieve this with JFusion. You can chose from

(1) direct links,

(2) Joomla wrapper and

(3) frameless integration into the Joomla site.

Which one you chose depends on how handy you are with modifying HTML/CSS templates and how many users you have on your site. In this document we will guide you through the different options

...... Easy of Setup 2/5 Stars Server Performance 2/5 Stars Visual Results 5/5 Stars Low Maintanance 5/5 Stars

source:

http://www.jfusion.org/docs/doku.php?id=visual_integration;guide

Thanks SuperCharlie. My problem with that is that I am aiming for a seemless website:

• I would really prefer 1 logon for both systems
  • I would like each user to have 1 profile, showing both their purchase history, blog comments, jomsocial interactions all in 1 profile page
  • I would like to use lots of modules/extensions showing top sellers, latest products ecc. from PS in Joomla, and vice versa

Anyway, it looks like I may have to use your approach as PS 1.5 is not ready yet, and business must go on, which means starting the build in Joomla and adding the shop in a few months

My 2 cents. If you are wrapping it or using iframes, you are doing it wrong. Your best bet is to cross load the cookies with each program. Install them on the same database and override the joomla authentication to use prestashop authentication.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...