"No Payment method is available"

gdinari

I have the check and paypal module enabled, but in the shopping cart it shows that there are no payment methods. I checked the obvious places for errors (admin payment options [currency], module settings), but nothing work. I tried disabling/enabling the modules hoping that it would correct the problem but it didn't.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? I appreciate the help.T

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It appears to be a problem with the single page check out system not updating the correct payment options available.

Try changing to the 5 step check out as a test and see if the payment gateways you enabled now show, if so then leave it until Prestashop address this issue correctly.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All,

I have solved on my case. I was doing it for my client, who tested just before going on live and found this error. And I was busy with something else. It was soo annoying!!

I tried checking the Country Restrictions, which is found in "Modules->Countries->Country restrictions".

For me- my delivery location was Sri Lanka, which was unchecked. Only UK was checked and it shows payment option if the Delivery address is UK. So, selected the Country and saved the restriction. And can see the lovely button and link-"Pay with your card or your PayPal account". Cool!

But, in my experience-> PrestaShop is a CreptaShop CMS. I had more problem using 1.5 than getting benefit. And wasted lots of valuable time. For last one month- I have stopped using CMS, I built my own CMS template, and use it for other CMS project.

• 1 month later...

Hey Oskar,

ur screenshot is not in English. SO, donno what settings u have! I'm gonna tell u what I have. Check with urs, maybe helpful!

I would say- read what everyone had have said, then try my steps. If any luck!!

1. In Localization > Zones: CHeck your Zone. Open the Zones u do delivery. And check if "Allow or disallow shipping to this zone" is active. Check for each Zone.

2. In "Localization > Countries"- check ur Billing Address country and "Delivery" countries are enabled.

3. In "Shipping"check "Billing" should set to:

According to total price

".

4. In "Shipping Carriers Edit"- check ur Zones are selected and also other options.

5. For Test- try one Billing and Delivery in the same address. You can get sm clue- if any!! :P

try!!

Edited by shakeosm (see edit history)

You don't have Paypal in your Currency Restrictions setting. Either you have a problem with the module, it isn't enabled, or you have it in sandbox mode. I'm not sure what the little box with the arrow is. I don't have that in mine. I just have check and Paypal enabled though.

For everyone having this issue, can you please post a picture of BO-Modules-Payment and show the Currency Restrictions and Group Restrictions?

Edited by bside2234 (see edit history)

• 3 years later...

So, its not just me!  I had PayPal on the phone with me for 2 hrs.stright, and could not beat this issue. So, I carried on a few days more on my own, and I did "many different" things and finally it appeared [my paypal logo] but not without yet another problem. But what I did was to disable, not uninstall, [all] payment modules], and [payment logos modules] then I reset my paypal module and reconfigured it, then I used my prestashop cleaner [only] to [clean/optimize data base] of which it did so, and [repair or fix broken data] of which it did so, and then my module paypal button appeared. At one point paypal thought it was my mis-configuring something, as did i. [ I spent a lot of time on this [6 days]. Any way, now I can get to paypal in a practice check-out, but now it tells me that there is something wrong with my e-mail and It wont let me go any further, so, here I go again!  While I was configuring my paypal account, in paypal mngr, I got as far as the [integration] and clicked [save & publish] it seemed nothing happened, so I re-configured it again and again, Then I got wondering if the [button] just might be really there but invisible to me be cause of some mis-configuring on my part. Right now I am not sure what finally did it cause I did so many things and I cant remember all of them, but I was thinking its my fault. It bewilders me to find that paypal, or their modules aren't preconfigured to just sign-up, press go and its done. I also "un-installed" the [Advanced EU Compliance module] prior to using my prestashop cleaner module. And a little something I`d like to pass along. I just got a phone call from a middle easterner or?? and he said he was calling from Microsoft Cntr. and wanted me to go to a website so he could remove all my viruses etc. Warn your friends and give them NOTHING. I wish I could have understood him better and got the website from him, He wanted to guide me to the site over the phone but I told him I didn't trust him at all and i hung-up. Remember, if you own a business, you need to protect it even more so due to your Financial accounts etc. I hope this helps in even the smallest way. Kenny j

Edited by kennyjames (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all! 

I had the same problem. In my case I suppose that the issue is with one custom carrier API (from Envio Pack company) that I have installed, but maybe not and the problem is with prestashop, I'm not completly sure so I will share my case and my solution with you. Maybe this isn't the best solution from technical point of view, is a brute way, but it worked for me. 
If you find or know the root of issue, share it with me please.

My problem happened during the purchase process, when you selected some carrier custom carrier option no payment option appeared available in the next step, but if you selected "pick up from shop" all payment options was available, then the problem was not with country, currency or group restrictions. I Though that the issue was in the carrier module (am owned module)  I researched regarding tables relationships and found that on table ps_module_carrier (a table that stores relationships between modules and carriers) some records was missing. For some reason the custom carriers did not mantain any relationship with any payment module. I though as a quick solution that I' ll insert the missing records in the DB manually. I KNOW!, a very unstable and inconsistent way... buuut I needed to work... to sell my production so...

Here my brute solution:

The table structure is 
module_id  |  shop_id  |  carrier_id

Then I needed to know two IDs (one from module, and one from carrier), 

1. Module_ID
  2. Carrier_ID

* For the first I searched in ps_module table. what I searched? well in my case I have  2 payments way active "Wire Transfer" and "Mercadopago" (a custom payment module installed in my prestashop) I needed its IDs
then I made a simple query to found it 

SELECT id_module, name FROM `ps_module` WHERE name LIKE '%wire%' OR  name LIKE '%mercado%'

This query return 2 records with following information
id_module | name
              29 | ps_wirepayment
              95 | mercadopago

* for the other, the carrier_id i searched in ps_carrier table, in this case I searched manually because, I wasn't sure the name from the carriers, so of all records I just paid attention to the followings
id_carrier | ... | name                      | url
              1 | ... | (yout shop name) | ...
            24 | ... | Envio a sucursal   | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@
            25 | ... | Envio a domicilio  | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@
            26 | ... | Envio a domicilio  | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@
            27 | ... | Envio a domicilio  | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@

why those records? because the first (1, shop name) is the record that represent the "pick up from shop" and the 24,25,26,27 (enviopack) are the records that represents different options from my custom installed module. You should search for the carriers that you want to add.

Well, right now we have all IDs that we needed so we will proceed with made a query that insert these records into ps_module_carrier
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,24);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,25);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,26);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,27);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,24);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,25);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,26);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,27);

I performed it and done!

Well as I said previously, maybe my problem was with enviopack module, and do not work for you, but if you check that your case is also with missing relationships between carriers and modules, this solution can give you a quickly solution, and/or give any idea for some contributor.

byeee!

Edited by crisalidainhalada (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/17/2019 at 9:14 PM, crisalidainhalada said:

Hi all! 

I had the same problem. In my case I suppose that the issue is with one custom carrier API (from Envio Pack company) that I have installed, but maybe not and the problem is with prestashop, I'm not completly sure so I will share my case and my solution with you. Maybe this isn't the best solution from technical point of view, is a brute way, but it worked for me. 
If you find or know the root of issue, share it with me please.

My problem happened during the purchase process, when you selected some carrier custom carrier option no payment option appeared available in the next step, but if you selected "pick up from shop" all payment options was available, then the problem was not with country, currency or group restrictions. I Though that the issue was in the carrier module (am owned module)  I researched regarding tables relationships and found that on table ps_module_carrier (a table that stores relationships between modules and carriers) some records was missing. For some reason the custom carriers did not mantain any relationship with any payment module. I though as a quick solution that I' ll insert the missing records in the DB manually. I KNOW!, a very unstable and inconsistent way... buuut I needed to work... to sell my production so...

Here my brute solution:

The table structure is 
module_id  |  shop_id  |  carrier_id

Then I needed to know two IDs (one from module, and one from carrier), 

1. Module_ID
  2. Carrier_ID

* For the first I searched in ps_module table. what I searched? well in my case I have  2 payments way active "Wire Transfer" and "Mercadopago" (a custom payment module installed in my prestashop) I needed its IDs
then I made a simple query to found it 

SELECT id_module, name FROM `ps_module` WHERE name LIKE '%wire%' OR  name LIKE '%mercado%'

This query return 2 records with following information
id_module | name
              29 | ps_wirepayment
              95 | mercadopago

* for the other, the carrier_id i searched in ps_carrier table, in this case I searched manually because, I wasn't sure the name from the carriers, so of all records I just paid attention to the followings
id_carrier | ... | name                      | url
              1 | ... | (yout shop name) | ...
            24 | ... | Envio a sucursal   | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@
            25 | ... | Envio a domicilio  | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@
            26 | ... | Envio a domicilio  | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@
            27 | ... | Envio a domicilio  | https://seguimiento.enviopack.com/@

why those records? because the first (1, shop name) is the record that represent the "pick up from shop" and the 24,25,26,27 (enviopack) are the records that represents different options from my custom installed module. You should search for the carriers that you want to add.

Well, right now we have all IDs that we needed so we will proceed with made a query that insert these records into ps_module_carrier
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,24);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,25);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,26);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(29,1,27);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,24);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,25);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,26);
INSERT INTO ps_module_carrier VALUES(95,1,27);

I performed it and done!

Well as I said previously, maybe my problem was with enviopack module, and do not work for you, but if you check that your case is also with missing relationships between carriers and modules, this solution can give you a quickly solution, and/or give any idea for some contributor.

byeee!

This is so so so crazy. I'm pretty sure that all I did was going into 'Payment > Preferences' and assign certain payment methods to certain country's.
And then I had the same issue.

Big thank you to crisalidainhalada that pointed my in the right direction! Of course it wast that easy, I had to dig around some more to get back the payment methods in the checkout.

It looks like I also had to add make sure each payment method is assign to the proper/all customer groups in the table 'ps_module_group'.

Example:
- ps_wirepayment has the id_module 34 (id_module is found in the table 'ps_module')
- You have 3 customers groups (id_group is found in the table 'ps_group')
Then table 'ps_module_group' need to contain this:
id_module  | id_shop | id_group
              34 | 1            | 1
              34 | 1            | 2
              34 | 1            | 3

I believe that's where my main issue were. That and what crisalidainhalada describes in his post. 
I'll try to come whit an update when I know for sure if the above thing was the solution.