Remove Category ID from URL in PS 1.4

Hello I would like to remove Category ID from URL in PS 1.4.

I tried:
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/2451/P90/third_party_modules/tools_url_rewriting__maj_1_dot_2

Althought I installed on v1.4 , i cannot correctly use it.

For example i have got category:

frob.loc/1-my-category/

I tried in module BO:

prestashopadministranpa.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

But if I type frob.loc/my-category/

Got error 404

Anybody know where could be a problem?

Thanks for any advice

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wow ... look like someone's getting aggressive over here ...

Sure you can remove id from category link if you know how to manage url_rewriting in .htaccess file and you modify you class Link.php

All of us know how to work from .htaccess and Link.php from classes but you dont know something. If we write more lines in .htaccess it will be huge and then the website will be more slowly. I`ll do that with few categories and is hard to do that for first and after this the real problem will be the .htaccess size ;) be smart.

All of us know how to work from .htaccess and Link.php from classes but you dont know something. If we write more lines in .htaccess it will be huge and then the website will be more slowly. I`ll do that with few categories and is hard to do that for first and after this the real problem will be the .htaccess size ;) be smart.

First i dont know how to do Link.php for presta 1.4.7.0 and if i do this with some specific categories what is happen with the rest of categories?

Sorry but you know or you don't know ? ;)

For instance if you don't want the ID and you're selling ... cars for instance you can replace the URL

http://www.mysite.com/23-category-rewrite
http://www.mysite.com/cars/category-rewrite

to do so ...

add in your .htaccess file :

RewriteRule ^cars/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$  category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

Then

add a function to search for the id_category corresponding to this url link rewrite since you don't have the ID but the url link rewrite !

Then in your

create a file override/classes/Link.php :

<?php
class Link extends LinkCore {

public function getCategoryLink($id_category, $alias = NULL, $id_lang = NULL)
{
 if (is_object($id_category))
  return ($this->allow == 1) ? (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'cars/'.$id_category->link_rewrite) :
  (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'category.php?id_category='.(int)($id_category->id));
 if ($alias)
  return ($this->allow == 1) ? (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'cars/'.$alias) :
  (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'category.php?id_category='.(int)($id_category));
 return _PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'category.php?id_category='.(int)($id_category);
}
}
?>

something like that ...

For instance if you don't want the ID and you're selling ... cars for instance you can replace the URL

to do so ...

RewriteRule ^cars/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$  category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

Then

add a function to search for the id_category corresponding to this url link rewrite since you don't have the ID but the url link rewrite !

Then in your

<?php

{
  return ($this->allow == 1) ? (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'cars/'.$id_category->link_rewrite) :
  (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'category.php?id_category='.(int)($id_category->id));
 if ($alias)
  (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'category.php?id_category='.(int)($id_category));
 return _PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'category.php?id_category='.(int)($id_category);
}
}
?>

something like that ...

All done and many thanx but in override/classes/Link.php i can to insert all my categories like in .htaccess or si a single line for entire Link.php for all categories ? And other thing NOW I HAVE CATEGORY cars EVERYWHERE :)) and my override/classes/Link.php look so :

<?php

{

return ($this->allow == 1) ? (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'reincarcari-cartuse-laserjet-si-inkjet/'.$id_category->link_rewrite) :

if ($alias)

return ($this->allow == 1) ? (_PS_BASE_URL_.__PS_BASE_URI__.'reincarcari-cartuse-laserjet-si-inkjet/'.$alias) :

}

}

?>

and my .htaccess

RewriteRule ^reincarcari-cartuse-laserjet-si-inkjet/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-hp/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-canon/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-samsung/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-dell/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-xerox/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-lexmark/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-epson/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

RewriteRule ^laserjet-brother/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

I think this is the problem $1$2 but how i fix it for each category ?

ok Sorry I don't have all the time necesary to explain all the process...

It seems that it's too technical for you. or you didn't get what I said ...

If you wanna remove category ID you'll have to use a pattern (like a word i"cars" in my example) which will be common to all the categories.

Why ? so as to know that a url containing "/cars/....." refers to a category and there for the following is the link_rewrite of the category without the id.

therefore ... instead of getiing directly the id in category.php ($_GET["id_category"]) you'll have to get the link_rewrite value : in my example $_GET["url_rewrite"] and searching for the categoy that correspond in the database to that link_rewrite.

Good luck

If you wanna remove category ID you'll have to use a pattern (like a word i"cars" in my example) which will be common to all the categories.

Why ? so as to know that a url containing "/cars/....." refers to a category and there for the following is the link_rewrite of the category without the id.

therefore ... instead of getiing directly the id in category.php ($_GET["id_category"]) you'll have to get the link_rewrite value : in my example $_GET["url_rewrite"] and searching for the categoy that correspond in the database to that link_rewrite.

Good luck

I understand and escuse me ... in the end this will not help me with nothing.

I appreciate your entire effort.

But my problem is :

1) first i have for my domain name a wordpress with many many many products and categories and pages.

2) i decided to work with Prestashop

3) i want to keep my old links indexed from google

3) if i dont do that google will penalize me enormously because OLD LINK WAS www.mydomain.com/laser-jet and now is www.mydomain.com/5-laserjet.

I would be very grateful if you could help me to do that.

I get something in this post http://www.prestasho...__1#entry791743 but i dont know to modify the Link.php from classes for PS 1.4.7.

Good luck

Please help me i really need it.

If i do like you told me ... what is happen with others products and category newer added ?

Is any way to make how you told me only with a few categories and products ?

• 2 weeks later...

to do so ...

Then

Then in your

<?php

{
 if ($alias)
}
}
?>

something like that ...

I had tried what you said and i gett missing category error. can you please tell me what i should do ?

Thank you

what's the code of your function to get category id from url_rewrite in Category.php file ?

And the code modified in category.php file to take into account this new parameter url_rewrite instead of id_category ?

what's the code of your function to get category id from url_rewrite in Category.php file ?

And the code modified in category.php file to take into account this new parameter url_rewrite instead of id_category ?

Sory for that but i modify the file classes/Link.php instead created the override/classes/link.php.

But after i created ive add this

<?php

{

if ($alias)

}

}

?>

then ive add this line in htacces

RewriteRule ^cars/([a-zA-Z0-9-+]*)(.*)$ category.php?url_rewrite=$1$2 [QSA,L,E]

and ive got error 504 or 503 ive dont remember well.

What ive done wrong?

So can you please what should i do to add a word instead category id?

thank you

• 6 months later...