Starter Theme no longer supported? Replacement?

I've normally used other themes for our online store, but we are starting from scratch and creating a new store. I was recently searching online to see if there's a way to learn how to build your own theme. I'm really new to theme building, so perhaps someone can give me the run down. I'm mainly a front end web designer/developer. I dabble with javascript but am still very much a beginner. But I do have a good knowledge of html/css and have been using the Foundation Framework from Zurb on other websites I design. I see that the classic theme for Prestashop 1.7.6 is built with Bootstrap which is similar. So what I've started with is just using a child theme of the classic theme and then using css to override things I want to change. But I was thinking it would be nice to start from a very plain theme and then write in all my own styling. So I saw Prestashop has what's called a starter theme, but when you go to the page on GitHub it says it has been deprecated and is no longer supported. So is or will there be a replacement starter theme? Or do you think the classic theme is pretty much the way to go and then override css as you wish? Or how hard is it to learn how to build your own theme if you don't know php or other programming? Just wanted to get your input, ideas?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can take the classic theme, copy it to your own theme folder and then start adjusting/creating the "content" (means template files/strucure(. This way is helpful to not miss files, required hooks or other elements.

• 2 weeks later...