FerreireX

Add a new root category - Prestashop 1.7.6

Posted (edited)

Hi,

How can I add / create a new root category?

When I try to add a new Category isn't possible to unselect the root category to create a new root.

When I create a new store (multistore section) there one part that says "This is the root category of the store that you've created. To define a new root category for your store, please click here." but when I click there go the category page without any chance to create a new root category or transform the category to be a root.

Can I have some help on this, or is not possible to create a new root category?

Edited by FerreireX (see edit history)

Hi @alexneacsu

Not yet, I remember in an older version of Prestashop to have the option to create the root category, but in 1.7 this is hidden from everyone :( I have been looking and some people recommend to change some code but I think if you update Prestashop in the future you are going to lose the changes.

6 hours ago, FerreireX said:

Who's know's how to add a new root category?

Hi,

I am new to the PrestaShop and love to try things. Please go through the below articles, I hope it will help you to add a new root category.

https://www.knowband.com/blog/tips/add-category-prestashop/

https://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-1-7-x-create-category-assign-top-menu.html

Hi @steven_ 

Thanks in sharing the links but both doesn't show how to create a root category.

I think with this last Prestashop 1.7 version we can just have one root category, never seen any tutorial, video or another way to create a new root category.