faceted search attempted to load class hookdispatcher

I tried upgrading faceted search from Back Office and ended up with an error:

ClassNotFoundException

Attempted to load class "HookDispatcher" from namespace "PrestaShop\Module\FacetedSearch".
Did you forget a "use" statement for e.g. "PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Hook\HookDispatcher", "PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Adapter\Hook\HookDispatcher" or "PrestaShopBundle\Service\Hook\HookDispatcher"?

in modules/ps_facetedsearch/ps_facetedsearch.php (line 101)

$this->displayName = $this->trans('Faceted search', [], 'Modules.Facetedsearch.Admin');

$this->description = $this->trans('Displays a block allowing multiple filters.', [], 'Modules.Facetedsearch.Admin');

$this->psLayeredFullTree = Configuration::get('PS_LAYERED_FULL_TREE');

$this->ps_versions_compliancy = ['min' => '1.7.1.0', 'max' => _PS_VERSION_];

$this->hookDispatcher = new HookDispatcher($this);

}

/**

* Check if method is an ajax request.

* This check is an old behavior and only check for _GET value.

I renamed the folder in modules via ftp and that let me get back into the modules browser in the BO

however after re-creating the folder ps_facetsearch in the modules folder and adding in the addon from here: https://github.com/PrestaShop/ps_facetedsearch/releases/tag/v3.0.5

I get the same error.

I tried with version 3.0.5, 3.0.6 and 3.0.7 and all give me the same error which means I think something else might have been changed besides just hte addon folder?

I am just starting out with prestashop so I have a lot to learn but this seems a little crazy. Hopefully its an easy fix.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had exactly the same issue with both the Faceted Search and Addons Connect modules after upgrading locally and then pushing changes to the server via GIT.

If you have console/terminal access to the server via cPanel or something you can run the…

composer dumpautoload

command in both the root Prestashop folder and the ps_facetedsearch root folder - this fixed the issue for me.

Thanks,
James

Edited by teapotjames (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1