Updated to 1.4.0.17 - Very Slow Loading Times

Hi,

I've updated to version 1.4.0.17, and the loading times are significantly worse than before. In preferences>performance, Smarty force compile is OFF and Cache is on.

Can anyone suggest what could be slowing the site down? I have disabled non essential modules and still the site is slow.

I experimented with various settings including CCC with no luck. I also tried reverting to the standard theme, but the loading time is still significantly longer than on the previous version.

I installed by upgrading rather than clean install, could this have an effect?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this will be of help but I've recently completed a build of Prestashop, and when I transfered it from localhost to remote server my page loading times went through the roof, every page load took 12+ secs!

After reading through the forums and making sure there wasn't an issue with my hosting (I am currently hosting of a VPS with cPanel 11), I decided to clear out the build of prestashop I had loaded on to the remote server and do a fresh install (Ftp'd the prestashop 1.4.4.1 zip and extracted it) and once the install was completed, I went through and tested and bam! page load times were perfect! So after making sure everything was fine I uploaded my theme and then dumped my previous prestashop database into the fresh database and everything is working fine.

As i said before this might not help but a fresh install worked for me.

Update: Work well for about 3 hours then bam! 12+ sec again for page load and now a new problem module tab in backend panel takes 19 - 23 secs to load. Could be some with Caching settings or something similar.