No carriers available message won’t go away

Karen_W

Help,

I have gone through the tutorials, and every setting I could find but I can’t seem to get it to show any carriers for the shipping profiles I have created.  It is also showing free shipping on everything even though all of those settings are disabled  

75B1084E-D029-46E5-BB43-11F866F7CEE2.jpeg

0E298172-833E-43F0-A59F-D942AAF88096.png

you also have to enable the countries and zones(localization)  you are using. If you forget this, this message will appear also.

So if you enable Canada as a country and shipping is 1 price you also have to set a zone(canada) and setup your shipping with this zone.

I tried this. If I remove all of the carriers the free shipping goes away and then it has a different can’t ship message. When I add a carrier for Canada I get the same behavior as before, it defaults to free shipping then says there are no carriers available. 

• 3 weeks later...

It was a bit of a mystery - but once I set-up the zones and countries linked to them, the Canada Post options suddenly showed up. I put Canada into a Canada Zone and the Canadian rate options show-up in the checkout; for Canadian addresses;  US is in North America and it seems to work for US addresses, and international for others.

btw I am using the $39 Canada Post module which populates the list of delivery options. Before, I had the free delivery issue and no carriers but now it is working.

What I don't understand is if, with the module, I still have to do the whole rate matrix seeing that the module is supposed to use Canada Post to calculate prices. There is no documentation for this module.

Edited by BookSequencePress (see edit history)