product details disappeared in front office after upgrading to 1.4 final

Please help, product details disappeared in front office after upgrading from PS1.36 to 1.4 final, blank pages come out when click product on homepage, product details can still be seen and edit in the back office, I did follow prestashop upgrade instructions, I have all backup data downloaded in disk, what should I do now? thank you for help.

Hi,

I have the same problem as djtsky. I updated from the latest 1.3 Version to the latest 1.4 Version and have lots of problems with the payment modules (not showing up) and the product pages in front office are all blank :oS

I'm lucky that I haven't gone online yet with this shop but it has to go online at the latest this weekend ^^

I'm having the same problem with product descriptions being blank. Have not found other problems yet. Upgraded from v1.3.2.3. This IS a live shop :( so need to figure it out asap or revert to old version :/ Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
I found the problem(at least for me). If you are using a custom theme and are having issues try toggling the Use Smarty 2 instead of 3 in backoffice>preferences. Goodluck!

Thanks my friend!!!
This resolved to me!!!

VERY THANKS FOR THE HELP !

[]s

Sherlock

I found the problem(at least for me). If you are using a custom theme and are having issues try toggling the Use Smarty 2 instead of 3 in backoffice>preferences. Goodluck!

oHHH men THANKS

Save my life

( Custom or Default theme = WORKS and problem Solved )

• 2 months later...

Actually it works with default theme vice versa. After upgrade to 1.4.3 from 1.3.4 products were not shown. It is becasue the setting use smarty 2 instead of smarty 3 is set to YES after upgrade and default theme is designed for smarty 3 not smarty 2. As I changed it to NO it works again.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I want to confirm has this issue been resolved yet? (which tied to http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/172783-produt-description-wont-display/page__p__847916__hl__product%20description__fromsearch__1)

I am using a paid theme from http://www.prestashopic.com/ and encountered exact problem and wonder whether there is any workaround solution that someone has figured this out already for PS 1.4.8.2.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Horace