KS1

One description, two language for the same product

Posted (edited)

Goodmorning everyone.

In our store we use the 1.6.1.0 version of Prestashop.

The site is in English, but we have some products that can be purchased both in Italian and in English.

I'll give an example to clarify: for sale we have the "yellow box".

When I order the supplier 10 yellow boxes, I sometimes realize that one of the buyers is Italian and probably expects to receive the "scatola gialla".
Unfortunately, this often happens after placing the order on the supplier and so I have to start a replacement procedure.

Honestly, I would like to avoid duplicating the whole catalog just to translate the name.

Is there a free and easy way to insert a drop-down menu to select the language (or any other solution) at the time of purchase so that it appears to the customer (and to me) "yellow box ENG" or "yellow box ITA"?

It is a bit similar to have "yellow box" and "red box", but i don't even need to insert different images, really is only a tag -ENG or tag -ITA.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Edited by KS1 (see edit history)

And why don't you use the same field in one language to introduce both languages?

36 minutes ago, joseantgv said:

And why don't you use the same field in one language to introduce both languages?

Hi, sorry what do you mean?

Why don't you use the title field to introduce ""yellow box ENG | yellow box ITA"?