Cannot login after migration

Hello, I have migrated my prestashop installation to new hosting. I have followed these instructions:

1. enabled maintenance mode,
  2. cleared and disabled cache,
  3. downloaded all files and uploaded them to new hosting,
  4. exported database and imported to new one with different name,
  5. changed settings.inc.php - new db credentials,
  6. changed DNS settings of domain to new hosting.

Problem is I cannot login to backoffice. If I log in, browser redirects me to login page again with no error. Only solution is to clear browser cache, or add www before URL. But after some time problem appears again. I have tried to log in on several computers.

I have tried following suggestions mentioned in other threads:

1. cleared and disabled cache,
  2. checked shop url and uri in db and settings.inc.php,
  3. tried to modify Cookie.php,
  4. changed shop url to www,
  5. added DNS A record to www prefix,
  6. checked cookie key if matches with one from old hosting,

but with no luck. I have prestashop 1.6.1.4.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The issue that you are having most likely is related to the module that does not work. 

As you don't see any error it's hard to guess which module is not working, however if you dig into error logs you will see errors on the times you try to login in the shop and from these errors you might have a clue what should be done next.

When you moved from one server to another does PHP and MySQL version changed?

On 2/6/2019 at 4:09 PM, Simonas Invertus said:

The issue that you are having most likely is related to the module that does not work. 

As you don't see any error it's hard to guess which module is not working, however if you dig into error logs you will see errors on the times you try to login in the shop and from these errors you might have a clue what should be done next.

When you moved from one server to another does PHP and MySQL version changed?

Thanks for your answer. I will check modules which could cause the problem.

PHP version is the same as on old hosting and mysql version changed from 10.0.21-MariaDB to 10.1.37-MariaDB. Could this be the problem?

Now I have discovered that if I disable cache in Chrome developer console, suddenly I can login. But cache is disabled in prestashop and I also cleared it manually. I asked my provider if there is some cache system running on server, but they said it is disabled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I have the exact same problem after my migration, but with a different version of Prestashop (1.7.4.4).

I'm currently asking the question to the french community to see if someone has a solution. If it happens I'll let you know.