[Solved] PS 1.7.5.0 - Timeouts on order status change/Swiftmail-error

gorkij

This is an highly annoying error I discovered after migrating my entire store the other day: Changing the status of an order, i.e. from payment pending to payment accepted causes an error 500. Logically this *really* shouldn't generate an error. 

However, running debug tells me that it's not using the entire mail adress for the status change. Only up to the @-sign. So [email protected] registers as cust.custson@ and nothing else. What the blazes is going on and how do we fix this? Getting a timeout on status changes is annoying at best. I do allow for guest checkout as well. I can attach images from the debug as well if needed.

Edited by gorkij
Solved. (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, Crezzur said:

Turn on your error debug to see what the issue is.
You could try to remove the @ symbol or to change the wrong mail adress to a correct one.

I have debug on. My customer has entered his adress, complete with @gmail.com in this example. The stack trace and logs give the following:

"Address in mailbox given [customer.customer@] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2."

Now, bar me being completely stupid : How would I remove the @-symbol from a mail address when PS isn't relaying the entire address internally? He's entered a correct address, I just mailed him on an missing item-point and it goes through. 

Right. I might not be the brightest PHP-wrench in the box, but the error is still around. Check the attachment : it just forwards the first part of an email adress up to the at-sign which in turn creates an exeption since it's not a valid adress. Knocking my nogging tells me that this is an error in MailboxHeader.php somehow. 

Now; anyone know how to adress this? The email adress given by my customer is correct. This happens for all customers. Including at checkout, causing payment module faults. 

(Yes, I *could* turn off all emails to customers. But that'd be stupid so no.)

exeption-log-edited.png

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/11933 I got this. Can't reproduce error. However, there might be something in this :

https://central.owncloud.org/t/problem-sending-the-email/15810

that might be related to it. Seems to be something to do with Red Hat, if I read correctly. 

Let's update :

Did a complete new install from the same PS archive I downloaded a few days ago. It refuses to send mail too, so it's not a "migration" problem.

Edited by gorkij
Added image by mistake, removed. (see edit history)

As per this GitHub, https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/11933#issuecomment-450420456 it's a reproducable error. There's a workaround in installing a relay like SendinBlue, but the main error remains. 

Yes, I probably will use SiB to get this up and running, but what it means is that 1.7.5.0 lacks email functionality currently. This is, of course, pretty bad since ECommerce is built on mail. This is just me ranting, but if I wasn't a headstrong old geezer who's been errorchecking systems and refuses to give up despite what people tell me this wouldn't have come thus far. Imagine being someone a bit less driven? Imagine someone doing evaluation work on different platforms and having constant crashes when the system mails out? They'd chuck PS right out the window. Those people will need the solution that means PS is working out of the box, on anything. Hopefully there'll be a fix soon.

9 minutes ago, gorkij said:

Selon ce GitHub,  https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/11933#issuecomment-450420456  c'est une erreur reproductible. Il existe une solution de rechange à l’installation d’un relais comme SendinBlue, mais l’erreur principale demeure. 

Oui, j'utiliserai probablement SiB pour le mettre en place, mais cela signifie que la version 1.7.5.0 est actuellement dépourvue de fonctionnalités de messagerie. C’est bien sûr assez grave puisque le commerce électronique est construit sur le courrier. C'est juste que je suis en train de hurler, mais si je n'étais pas un vieux fou obstiné qui vérifiait les systèmes par erreur et qui refusait d'abandonner malgré ce que les gens me disent, cela ne serait pas arrivé jusqu'à présent. Imaginez être un peu moins motivé? Imaginez une personne effectuant un travail d'évaluation sur différentes plates-formes et ayant des blocages constants lorsque le système envoie un courrier électronique? Ils jetteraient PS juste par la fenêtre. Ces personnes auront besoin de la solution qui signifie que PS travaille hors de la boîte, sur n'importe quoi. J'espère qu'il y aura bientôt une solution.

Hi, The entire PS team is working to solve this problem.