Add attribute values in product page

Decals Online

Hi,

I have products that have their own attribute values as well as some global. 

Product 1: Colour-Red, Size 2 inches (global)

Product 2: Colour-Blue, Size: 4x4.40 inches (product specific)

It’s easy to define the global values and use them in Combinations but is not ideal  to define the product-specific values , it’s time consuming and awkward. 

Is there a way/module to define these product specific values on the spot when creating a new product and combine them with global values and attributes? 

Prestashop 1.6

Thank you!

47 minutes ago, Decals Online said:

Hi,

I have products that have their own attribute values as well as some global. 

Product 1: Colour-Red, Size 2 inches (global)

Product 2: Colour-Blue, Size: 4x4.40 inches (product specific)

It’s easy to define the global values and use them in Combinations but is not ideal  to define the product-specific values , it’s time consuming and awkward. 

Is there a way/module to define these product specific values on the spot when creating a new product and combine them with global values and attributes? 

Prestashop 1.6

Thank you!

Could you upload a screenshot of what you mean?

Right, so I have pre-defined the attribute Size with the values 1 inch, 2 inches and 5 inches.

If I go to product page/Combinations, I can create combinations with these predefined values. No problem here.

But if a specific product has odd sizes, it would be great to be able to add them on this screen. But I can't, I have to pre-define them same as 1 inch, 2 inches and 5 inches.

Example:

Product 1 - Size: 4x4.40, 5x5.50, 6x6.60 etc.

Product 2 - Size: 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 9x9 etc.

Product 3 - Size: 7x8, 8x9, 9x10 etc.

Pre-defining all these sizes is hard work and time consuming hence I would prefer them added on the spot and then be able to combine them with other global attributes like Colour: Red, Blue, Green which is the same for all products so I can pre-define Colour as a global attribute because I can use the same values on all products.

This is possbile in Magento and Xcart.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 21.37.19.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 21.37.51.jpg

On 11/19/2018 at 3:50 PM, Simonas Invertus said:

I am not sure if I understand your problem, however if you are selling pens and all they are red, you could define red not as attribute/combination but as feature, because pens can only be red and never will be green, so there is no purpose of using attribute in such case.

It's quite the opposite.

My products can be made in 40 colours but this is not a problem, I can define the 40 colours in Attributes and then use then on every product combinations.

The problem is the size because it's different for each product. And each product come in several sizes.

So:

Product 1 comes in Size 1, Size 2, Size 3.

Product 2 comes in Size 4, Size 5, Size 6 and so on.

So currently if I want to list a product, I have to define the Sizes first in Attributes, then list the product. Otherwise, I cannot create the Size combinations. This is not practical.

What I want is to be able to list the product and create the attributes/combinations right there without having to go first in Attributes to define them.

3 hours ago, Simonas Invertus said:

I think the best option for you would be CSV import, however I am not sure if you can make it work with default PrestaShop or you need 3rd party import module.

From what I can see, Prestashop cannot import new attributes via CSV. They have to be created before import. 

A module might do the trick but haven’t found one yet. 

Hello,
You can try to make it with Store Manager for PrestaShop (free for two weeks) via import. Having new products in the file, you can add new attribute values as well, though attribute groups have to be created beforehand. For example, in the import file, you need to have column with the name "Attribute Group: Size" and specify 4x4.40 inches in front of the needed product combination.

26 minutes ago, Constantino said:

Hello,
You can try to make it with Store Manager for PrestaShop (free for two weeks) via import. Having new products in the file, you can add new attribute values as well, though attribute groups have to be created beforehand. For example, in the import file, you need to have column with the name "Attribute Group: Size" and specify 4x4.40 inches in front of the needed product combination.

Hi,

It might be an option but far from  ideal. It runs on a Windows computer which is very restrictive and it’s not cheap either. I mean I can get a lifetime  X-Cart license for that money and I have everything built in.

I’ll give it a try but I’m looking for a better option. 

Thank you!

I’ve just noticed, the Features does almost everything I want to do for Attributes. 

So PS1.6, if I go to create/edit a product, go to Features and there I can add a pre-defined feature like Height for example. Then I can add a pre-defined value or I can add a customised value on the field next to it.  

This is excavation what I want for attributes but with some extra functionality:

- being attributes, I need to be able to add multiple customised values

- ideally, I need to be able to create new attributes as well on the spot. Features won’t allow that, if I click on Add a new feature, it takes me out of the product page to the Catalog>Product Features. I would like to be able to add a new attribute on the fly without leaving the product page.

Then just click Generate combinations and job done.

I wonder if I’ll be able to modify the page, take the code from Features tab and adapt it to work on Attributes tab? 

I have no idea where to start but I suspect this is a core file alteration.

Any ideas are welcome or anyone willing to do the job for money.

Thank you!

Edited by Decals Online (see edit history)