How to add new themes?

I just installed prestashop and since morning I've been trying to install a FREE THEME downloaded from addons.prestashop.com. I googled for more than 3 hours and came across only one method which is

You should upload the entire folder of your theme to the "themes" directory in the folder that PrestaShop resides in.

Once you have done that, login to the admin area of your shopping cart and go to Preferences -> Appearance. In this menu, select the newly uploaded theme from the list of available themes and press the "Save" button.

This hasn't worked for me...I don't see any new theme in the Appearance section. However, I see the theme folder in /themes directory.

Please help me regarding this matter.

I just installed prestashop and since morning I've been trying to install a FREE THEME downloaded from addons.prestashop.com. I googled for more than 3 hours and came across only one method which is

You should upload the entire folder of your theme to the "themes" directory in the folder that PrestaShop resides in.

Once you have done that, login to the admin area of your shopping cart and go to Preferences -> Appearance. In this menu, select the newly uploaded theme from the list of available themes and press the "Save" button.

This hasn't worked for me...I don't see any new theme in the Appearance section. However, I see the theme folder in /themes directory.

try to upload the theme folder name into the themes folder in your ps installation.

like /themes/prestashop/*.tpl files and folder Where prestashop is the name of prestashop default theme folder name.

dont /themes/theme/prestashop/*.tpl files and folder

hope its help

try to upload the theme folder name into the themes folder in your ps installation.

like /themes/prestashop/*.tpl files and folder Where prestashop is the name of prestashop default theme folder name.

hope its help

Cau you be more elaborate? For eg I have a FREE THEME ( ELEMENT ). Now tell me how to insert it.....Through FTP or FIle Manager? I can do both!:D

hope its help

Cau you be more elaborate? For eg I have a FREE THEME ( ELEMENT ). Now tell me how to insert it.....Through FTP or FIle Manager? I can do both!:D

This didnt help me... I tried this...but to no use.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...