Minified CSS making me crazy

Diemux

So the default "classic" theme (and probably all other themes) use minified CSS. I must admit, I'm an old school webdeveloper and are not familiar with this way of editing. I'm trying to find a proper how-to on how to edit the CSS files properly. I have found some that explain to use SCOUT as solution but I'm already stuck when they tell me to input the DEV folder.... there is NO DEV folder in the current release of Prestashop. I dont get it.

When I try to edit the minified CSS via FileZilla in Notepad 2.0, as soon as I made changes the CSS no longer loads on the website (tried doing clean cache). 

I'm getting fed up by trying which is a bummer as I been using Prestashop since the beginning. 

Edited by Diemux (see edit history)

On 10/26/2018 at 5:16 PM, JBW said:

Hi Diemux, have you tried to make use of the custom.css as adviced by horiabtb? Whats your reason to edit the source CSS files directly?

Yes, currently i'm using the custom.css for changes. I have always directly edited the css files, it's fast and direct. I hardly doubt minifying CSS will make Prestashop work faster as everything is still loaded as one whole CSS (global) but that is just my opinion.

40 minutes ago, chanart said:

I was struggling with this issue as well, Diemux, and I wonder - why not simply unminifiying the theme.css, editing as much as you like, good old css etc, and then minifying it again?

What do I miss here?

Because that ain´t working. I tried unminifying the file with Notepad++ edited it and then minified it again but that didn't work. It's because it's rendered from a package or something (I don't understand anything about the web package thing). 

56 minutes ago, Diemux said:

Because that ain´t working. I tried unminifying the file with Notepad++ edited it and then minified it again but that didn't work. It's because it's rendered from a package or something (I don't understand anything about the web package thing). 

Strange. It works for me. I use unminify.com and I'm currently working with the unminified version (still in development), But it seems to be working.