Timeout errors on fresh install

sumsel

Hi folks

I am experiencing timeout errors in backoffice. Frontoffice seems to load normally.

Put a fresh install of prestashop 1.7.4.3 online and started trying to replicate my shop that's currently running on 1.6.1.7  on a different provider.

I didn't do much with it. What I did was importing stuff from the old database using the ets free import module (mainly imports customers and products), and then put the shop logo and started familiarizing myself with the child themes.

That's when I started getting timeout errors in the backoffice.

I activated the developer switch in config/defines.inc.php and post the error message here:

Level Channel Message
CRITICAL 17:02:00 php Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded
CRITICAL 17:02:00 request Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\FatalErrorException: "Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded" at /var/www/clients/client46/web184/web/prestashop1743/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Finder/Iterator/ExcludeDirectoryFilterIterator.php line 73

I only have 30 secs max execution time and I can't change that. It's fixed by the webspace provider.

Now I always get such an error when I simply log on.

Also when I manage to get to the theme section (by manually typing the path /AdminThemes in the URL), I get a timeout when it tries to load the new theme navigator tool.

Could it be the server is just plain too slow? Anything I could do? Or did I break something? I tried reinstalling a couple of times now, and end up with some kind of errors every time. Next attempt will be on the "old" webspace where 1.6 at least runs pretty good.

Is 1.7 more demanding with sever execution time? Any way of cutting down those demands for backoffice?

Thanks for any hints.

Best,

Thomas