A critical view on the Customer Service functionality in 1.7

Mbreg99

If there is one thing I seriously dislike about Prestashop is the Customer Service.
It feels unorganized and time consuming they could improve a lot (in special for multi store use).

Please understand I feel very happy to have a solution like Prestashop available but with all this experience
over the years I wonder why this module "in my opinion" is so underdeveloped where the rest of the structure actually is great.
I could have overlooked something but now I need to hire something to first set up the most basic thing I think prestashop
realy could improve. I take efficiëncy in workflow very serious.

What do you think about the below:

- option to remove "closed" tickets from the inbox to keep the inbox clean (I mean nice that it gives a red icon but with a enormous list this would become a mess).

- when a ticket comes in let it be at the bottom of the page so oldest are on top to be answered first.  Now it's on top so the people who react the latest will be helped first so this makes people who send a message the day before wait even longer or you scroll down the page for every message ?

- The functionalty to move back to inbox after closing or forwarding or setting a ticket on "hold" doesn't excist so it stays a manual process for every individual ticket.
(I think from the perspective a shop can grow and Customer Service needs some efficiënt workflow).

- The functionality to not move back to the inbox after "closing" a ticket but to move directly to the next ticket in line does not work with my installation
but I wonder what I could do wrong ? This is more like it but I can not get it working strange enough (it's the blue bar top right with the >> notification).

- I wonder why ther are no columns in the ticket (conversation) itself.  Like order history,  knowledgebase or pre defined answers.
This is what I as well mean with underdeveloped so much potential but where the customers and orders pages are fantastic this looks like it had to be done quickly.

- Why do I see the exact identical conversation 2 times completly unfolded under eachother and not just 1 time like the timeline at the bottom
what would make it more like a "skype" conversation but now the exact same conversation is shown twice and I can not see any customer
basic information or invoices without moving out of the conversation.

(So I think to remove the above converation and move the reply function below the "skype style timeline"   but I wonder what the idea about this double display is?

- The customer can use a subject but all messages are submitted to this "conversation" and there is no such thing as a ticket with a ticket ID
to refer to if there is a specific matter. This could create an enormous long page and to find something back becomes impossible by subject or ticket ID since it's all in 1 long list.

- If  it concerns how to manage the tickets with multiple people what about rights and departments ? (I cant realy call it a ticket) with multiple agents  how to avoid that somebody accidently works from the same ticket somebody is allready wrting in ? These converstions are not assigned to an agent avoid this problem.

The layout (ok this is my personal opinion) but this could be done so much nicer and in special more friendly to the people who have to work at it.

Please understand my aproach is based on what it could be, I see more potential,  in special for multistore use and how to organize a growing bussiness with multiple employees. This is a standard feature and I feel it could be done much better in a next feature.

If you are a Prestashop developer feel free to contact me I would be glad to share my UI ideas with you.