Facebook like button

devilstoybox

Is there absolutely no other way I can put on a simple like button on to my website? Because it seems really stupid that i would have to pay to put my own like button from a free facebook page onto my own website. I would have thought you could put the code on like other carts but apparently not.
Any solutions?

You can add this code for a like button:

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href={$base_dir}" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" style="border: none; overflow: hidden; width: 400px; height: 25px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 0px"></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...

Where would that be located? Does this free module allow you to position the fb like box on the main page or must it be used in the left or right side columns?

I'm having trouble having my fb like box show up (unless someone is logged into fb)...strange.

Then, when it is working (when I'm signed into fb) there are certain pages that it IS centered in and others where it is not. I have no idea how to fix.

Any ideas?

The page you are.doc

I usually insert the code manually in the template, in this case, its product.tpl and when the user click the like button, the link should be point to the product URL.

Open product.tpl in your themes folder, go to line 130 (if you're using 1.3) or line 179 (if you're using 1.4) and insert this code:

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href={$link->getProductLink($product->id, $product->link_rewrite, $product->category)}&layout=standard&show_faces=false&width=302&action=like&colorscheme=light" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:450px; height:25px;margin-top:10px;"></iframe>

if you want to add the tweet button as well, insert the following code (dont forget to replace "prestanesia" with your twitter account) :

Tweet[removed][removed]

Hope this help.

tobi & bhagu,

Thank you for your help. However, I am trying to insert the larger fb "like" box not the button. Any ideas? I'm still not able to see this box unless I am logged into Facebook, however, I know that you can and should be able to see this regardless of a fb login or not. To view this issue live, visit my site and be sure to not be logged into fb.

www.ingredientwine.com

Thanks!