Create Database with Combinations

Hi,
I need to create a database with combination. I know how to make a simple database in Excel but what I need to know is, creating for example; a column for Color with 48 attributes(48 different colors), Quantity(5-50)?
How can I create this kind of database in Excel for that I can import it as csv file in Prestashop?

I hope this makes sense.
Thank you in advance fro any help or info.

Hi Bruce,

We just did this for our very complex implementation. It takes programming work to make all those permutations - it's not a case of the database, but rather, what you put into the database. There is no "friendly database software" to create that data for you.

I would suggest hiring someone off Elance or such to create those permutations for you in whatever database you are using to run the shop from.

Sorry that I did not have a quick and easy answer on this one.

Hi jayzee,
Thanks for the reply.
I need only minimum guidance in how to make a column for only one item in Excel and I can finish it myself. For example I have an item with different color. I need to know in Excel if I create a column for Color name ,how and where to insert the Red,Blue,Green,Yellow, etc. That's it.

Hi nuclearholocausto,

Which data will be changing, (i.e. are the colors constant? or is it the quantity that will be constant?

Color will be changing and it is not impacting the price. But for each item there are many colors, between 10 to 50 color options.
Other things that I need to include in the csv file are:
Size, Minimum Quantity and Price.
If Quantity is between 5-50, Price (per unit) is $5.50
If Quantity 51+, Price (per unit) is $3.75
Please see the screen shot.
Thanks.

38440_7AN0EVGlhCPCpDp0D1JI_t

38441_enGWRJlGsaKlq3lio40M_t

Hi nuclearholocausto,

Which data will be changing, (i.e. are the colors constant? or is it the quantity that will be constant?

Color will be changing and it is not impacting the price. But for each item there are many colors, between 10 to 50 color options.
Other things that I need to include in the csv file are:
Size, Minimum Quantity and Price.
If Quantity is between 5-50, Price (per unit) is $5.50
If Quantity 51+, Price (per unit) is $3.75
Please see the screen shot.
Thanks.

Hi Bruce, the solution to your issue is very simple. You only need to create an Excel and csv file each for (1) Products and (2) Product Combinations.

For Products, create the following columns: Product ID, Cat ID, Name, Wholesale Price, Price, Image URLs
For Combinations, create the following colums: Product ID, Color, Quantity

For your specific case, price impact by Color = 0, so you can safely ignore the price impact and set Price = $5.50 in your Products Excel & csv files.

After you have imported all Products and Combinations, configure all your product's bulk price discounts.
In your BO Products page, go to Prices tab and Add a new specific price.
Set Starting at XXX unit to 51, Product price to $3.75.

I'm not sure your Minimum Quantity has to be 5 for EACH color or a total of 5 for any/all colors (i.e 3 Red + 2 Blue), so I'm unable to give specific action. If you want a Minimum Quantity of 5 for EACH color, you can go to individual combinations to set it.

You're done! Now test it to see if it works the way you want.

First thank you for your detailed explanation.
As you mentioned I created 2 csv files for Products and Combination. Then I imported both files in BO with success. I am testing only with one product for now but I will have about 400 items to import later when I learn correctly this process.
I know how to import the products with success, this is ok for me.

I imported the csv Combination and I can see the attributes in the Products > Combination but I do not see them in Front Office.
So I need some guidance in BO >Products > Combination page.
Q1: What should I set up at this step in BO >Products > Combination page?

After you have imported all Products and Combinations, configure all your product’s bulk price discounts.
In your BO Products page, go to Prices tab and Add a new specific price.
Set Starting at XXX unit to 51, Product price to $3.75.

I figured it out. it works and shows up in FO.

Q2: How can I add Size and Minimum Quantity attributes in the same Combination csv file and how to match them with Prestashop Field?

I’m not sure your Minimum Quantity has to be 5 for EACH color or a total of 5 for any/all colors (i.e 3 Red + 2 Blue), so I’m unable to give specific action. If you want a Minimum Quantity of 5 for EACH color, you can go to individual combinations to set it.

Minimum quantity is constant and it stays the same whatever the color or size.
Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting for any help.

I want to make a separate CSV file for Combination with the below attributes:
Size
Color
Minimum Quantity

Question:
How to match these attributes with the Prestashop Required Filed ?
I do not see any attributes in Prestashop that can mach with Size, Color and Minimum Quantity.

I would appreciate any advice or help.

• 1 year later...

hi , i want to generate combination with different quantity for eg , i have

T-shirt in RED, GREEN ,BLUE,

where RED have size 26, 28 30 and green have 30,32,33 and Blue have 44,46

and each coloar+size have different quantity.

ie RED->26-> have 5 in stock

RED->28->have 6 in stock

RED->30-> have 10 in stock

same for green and blue

any easy way to add this type of entries in pristashop

any help

Edited by bector (see edit history)