some questions about features in 1.4x

Hi guys,

I'm testing the 1.4.11 version and do have some questions that seems to be very important.

1. You can enable the European VAT number. but if you do activate it, you have to choose your country.
When a client register and he is from Belgium, then there is no field to enter his VAT number.

2. is the VAT number required the moment you activate it? (normaly also non VAT customers can buy)

3. I see in the changelogs the intracommun. VAT working. does this mean that as I'm a Belgium company, and a company in the Netherlands with VAT buys, they will not pay the VAT? as normal customers from The Netherlands will pay VAT.. that's the correct way of intracommu. VAT... any ideas?

4. have they thought about the date of birth? since customers can change their birthday to recieve the birthday vouchers and this is not the way to do it :-)

Hello deech123,
Im testing Prestashop 1.4 RC4, but Im not sure how is European VAT number runnig. If I enable this module and set CzechRepublic I dont see nothing new in my shop.
Im looking for function, how to open shop only for customers with VAT - is this right function?
What I must setup for correct functionality?

Thanks Dusan