integration with iSeries (DB2)

Hi all,

i am not ps user, i just need information about possible integration.
we have a store based on As400, and the owner would like to move it to web. i am just wondering if it is possible to integrate database to prestashop. what i mean is that prestashop should read only product, quantity, description, prices from db2 database. but operation about selling should be passed to db2, and presta should store all data for statistics and so on...

i dont think many people did this type of integration. i am courious if it is big work to to, and i entry-level php developer can do that.

thanks in advance

• 6 months later...

Hello gerpcik, it depends from your iseries version. If is previous from v5R4M0, then this could be dificult.

To make this possible you need to install the iseries odbc driver first in your server, and this could be done on Microsoft or Linux.

best regards,

Luis Galhoz

As an alternative to the ODBC driver, it is also possible to connect to your iSeries DB2 using DRDA connectivity from DB2 Connect. This means you can then use the standard IBM Data Server client to access the iSeries DB2 database just as if it were a DB2 database on Linux, UNIX or Windows (LUW).

This opens up the full possibility of programming choices for getting to the DB2 data : there is support for (among other things) Java, .Net languages, Perl, PHP and Ruby.

You can also set up federated support between a DB2 for LUW database and DB2 for iSeries using nicknames and take advantage of the advanced SQL, SQL/XML and XQuery on this platform too.

We've used this approach in a number of cases, albeit not with Prestashop but with other iSeries packages.

Feel free to contact me if you need more information or help on doing this.

Phil Nelson