Problems with language

schel4ok

I installed russian translation for my web-site, turn on language module, choose russian on the homepage and then I turn language module off, because I don't need other languages on my site.
After some time I noticed that language reset to english again.
How to fix it?
I don't want to keep language module on all the time.

I wanted to edit an entry to my modules translation, and after I saved it, all my modules translation was gone ! I have some backups and I tried to replace the language file from every module but it didn't worked for me. This is a known bug or something ? Thanks

[LATER EDIT]
It seems that only my theme translations are resetting when I try to translate some module fields. The base language remains untouched. Solved my crisis with some backups, temporarily....

I am hoping that Prestashop 1.4 final will solve all the problems. I moved the whole website to another host (virtual machine with lamp) and it works without any problems. That's odd because I never modified the hosting settings of the original website/account.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - it seems lots of people are having somewhat the same problems with translations in Prestashop.
I hope the developers look into these annoying issues. I have kind of a similar problem. Only some parts
of the frontoffice will translate into norwegian. For example, I am not able to translate the Categories heading
into norwegian on my Synology 910 NAS. I got it working without big glitches on Ubuntu Linux.
Spanish and French is working without problems...this is very weird.

• 2 weeks later...

I searched the forum and I found some answers tha obligged to add two lines named SUHOSIN to init and htaccess files. Til know it doesn't work to me...I thing it doesn't work because I just copy and paste the lines into those files.
What I should tell ho the hosting company? (i'm newbie sorry!)
Thanks!

I've found out about SUHOSIN when I tried to upgrade 1.3.3 to 1.3.7 version. If you have 1.3.7 installed, and you want to translate something you get an error like this: "Warning, your hosting provider is using the suhosin patch for php......". See the photo attached. Contact the hosting company and give them this photo, they should know what to do. Hope this helps you!

39686_W8WFiLMo4KtHpc292LiX_t