[1.7] Adding currency to a new shop with webservice calls

greger

Hi all,

I need some help with using the webservice feature in PS1.7. I've created a bunch of multistore shops with it already, but all the new shops doesn't have any currencies associated with them, causing errors when trying to view the frontend.

The /api/currencies doesn't look like it has any parameter for defining which stores uses which currencies. Any idéas on how to proceed?

Hi, 

1. Use getCurrencies function through webservices to get the available currencies.

2. getCurrenciesByIdShop function can be used to get the mapped currencies with any store (Store ID is the parameter which needs to be passed)

3. Now the issue is with add mapping of currencies with store ID.

I have created a function for you to achieve the same. Add the below function in the classes/Currency.php file & call the same to map currency id with store id. 

/**
 * Map Currency to Shop ID
 * @param int $idShop Shop ID
 * @param int $id_currency Currency ID
 * @return array|Currency
 */
public static function mapCurrencyByIdShop($idShop = 0, $id_currency = 0)
{
    $sql = 'SELECT * FROM `' . _DB_PREFIX_ . 'currency` c LEFT JOIN `' . _DB_PREFIX_ . 'currency_shop` cs ON (cs.`id_currency` = c.`id_currency`) WHERE cs.`id_shop` = ' . (int) $idShop . ' AND  cs.`id_currency` = ' . (int) $id_currency;
    if (Db::getInstance()->getRow($sql) > 0) {
        // Mapping already exist
        return false;
    } else {
        $check_currency = 'SELECT * FROM `' . _DB_PREFIX_ . 'currency` WHERE `id_currency` = ' . (int) $id_currency;
        $currency = Db::getInstance()->getRow($check_currency);
        if (empty($currency)) {
            $insert_query = 'INSERT * INTO ' . _DB_PREFIX_ . 'currency_shop(id_currency, id_shop, conversion_rate) VALUES (' . (int) $id_currency . ','. $idShop .', '.$currency['conversion_rate'].')';
            return Db::getInstance()->execute($insert_query);
        } else {
            // Currency not exist
            return false;
        }
    }
}

I hope it will help.