Change PINK colour in emails

Hello,

I've searched the forum and tried to do it on my own but, haven't been able to find a way to change the hot pink bars and font that appears in emails when customers join, get login details, orders etc.

Could someone please help ?

Thank You!

thank you for your help. i managed to change all but one... it still arrives in pink to customers- its the 'confirmation email' that their account has been activated. i cant find the html file anywhere on my backend! Can someone help?

i have it setup that the prices are hidden from users. once they register they receive the account email, after i authorize their account they receive an email saying account is activated. i cant find the dam file anywhere on my backend!

• 2 years later...

in PS 1.5.4.1 the color is coded as: background-color: {color} which indicates that it is within the BO options somewhere but I cannot find it anywhere ???. I don't really want to hardcode this change if I don't have to... anyone?

"K"

***UPDATE***

FOUND THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD: (HOPE THIS HELPS)

• "Mail Color" in Prestashop v.1.5.x was configured using {color} variable. This variable can be configure via
    Back Office > Preferences > Themes : Mail color
  • All default e-mail template are placed in ../mails/en/file_name.html and all of default e-mail template files already used this {color} variable
  • Prestashop has a multi language feature. All of e-mail template files are placed in each directory according to each language iso code e.g : en, fr, it, es, de, ... etc
  • e-mail template file can be overriden by theme file and the override directory is :
    ../themes/YOUR_ACTIVE_THEME/mails/ISO_CODE/
  • You can check your e-mail template file through your browser
    http://YOUR_DOMAIN/mails/ISO_CODE/file_name.html OR
    http://YOUR_DOMAIN/themes/YOUR_ACTIVE_THEME/mails/ISO_CODE/file_name.html
    if you see the Pink color background ...
    then your e-mail template file doesn't use {color} variable, it use color code #DB3484

Now ...

Make sure your themes does not override the default e-mail template file.

If it overriden you should check the override file (the e-mail template files in your theme directory) and make sure all of the override files using {color} variable.

Modules may use the e-mail template file which not compatible yet, so you should also check this one out and make sure {color} variable are used.

DON'T FORGET about languages that you used on your Prestashop, the e-mail template files may have differences for each language that you used

Example of the use of variables {color} in e-mail template file : account.html

Edited by KSteele (see edit history)

To make the preference in Theme section work, I hade to replace the color code - manually - in the Core translations of all languages to {color}. Otherwise tye horrid pink color didn't change in any other language but English. So, *Core*, not Theme or anything else. I heard that you could copy the whole mails template folder to your theme folder, and thus use the theme email translation, but never tried it.