Help needed to upgrade

oldgit

Need help in upgrading shopping carts from 1.7.3.0 to 1.7.4.2.

Following the PHP upgrade to 7.2 we could not access admin and had to leave the shops non operational.

How do I do the upgrade when I cannot get into the back office to action it.

Any help would be much appreciated to resolve this issue

First, you shouldn't risk your business by running software upgrade on your prod environment. You should maintain a dev environment along side of the commercial version to avoid this kind of issue. Maybe if you set the debug mode, you could get information about the actual issue.

There has been reported issues on this forum about php 7.2 and PrestaShop so for now it looks that Prestashop cannot run with php 7.2 You need to use php 7.1

If you have other softwares on the same server that require php 7.2 (which would be strange I have never so far seen a php software who says "php 7.2 minimum !") you might get a 2nd server.

PS1.7.4.2 can run of the PHP7.2.

We are also running the PS1.7.4.2 version with PHP7.2 but that was the fresh install instead of upgrade.

WHats the error when you are trying to access the back office? If blank page OR any 500 kind of error, then I would suggest enabling the debug mode to check the errors. Edit the config/defines.inc.php & change the following line.

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

to

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);