I want to design my own theme

Hallo,

I am new to prestashop and want to design my own theme. I copied the standard theme, activated the copy and changed some things in header.tpl but nothing changed. How can I add for example an additional image to the header area ?

ciao

I changed the file xampp/htdocs/prestashop/themes/my_theme/header.tpl but it seems to be the wrong file. I can delete that file and the shop still works. Which file do I have to change to put an additional image to the header ?

Or do what i do figure out what the actual image file is the tpl really is not a file that will result in changes, in the IMG folder is where you can make the changes or edit, as it is there is always a base or a start, but it takes time and error in most cases to get the right look, always save the file with the same name, and usually best to move the files over through FTP and then edit the file transfer back then check your stor on the changes best to look for anything that is png, jpg, gif.

of course you have to transfer back tot eh IMG folder for the changes to take effect.

Hallo,

I am new to prestashop and want to design my own theme. I copied the standard theme, activated the copy and changed some things in header.tpl but nothing changed. How can I add for example an additional image to the header area ?

ciao

Hi

I have over 13 years of software development in Microsoft based software development technologies. But I am a newbie to PHP and especially to Prestashop framework. I am learning the framework and in the process, started to write a series of posts(Creating a Prestashop 1.4 theme from scratch) to outline the creation of a new Prestashop theme using Visual Studio and other tools. The posts primarily are targeted towards a PHP/Prestashop newbie.

Please visit Creating a Prestashop 1.4 theme from scratch and share my experiences through my learning phase. I hope active participation from other novice Prestashop programmers like me and advices from Prestashop experts to make the posts helpful for others who require it.