Trasparent header and footer

Hello, i need to have trasparent header and footer because i need to put a semi-transparent background image.

I see that header, center of the page and footer are into a bigger div and this div have a white background.

Theres a way to change the background to trasparent only for the header and footer and non for the center of the page?

Thanks
Federico

Hi

You may add your transparent images where you want. You have to make transparent image in Photoshop. Then add background code into your global.css where want to show it.

background: transparent url('../img/image_name.png') no-repeat left top;

Also it will be helpful, to see your website.

Your site is looking good.

Thanks Omega.

But i want to add the rounded border on header and footer, but now if i do that i see the white background, so i need to remove it.

But if i remove it i see the blue background also in the body of the page.

I think you solved your problem. At the moment in the header and in footer part you are using transparent image. If I understood you wrong, please can write in details.

If you want to show white background only in left, center and right column, write related divs under another div.

No, my header and footer have a grey background image, but under that there's a white background of the container div.

For example, if now i put a semi-transparent white background (50%) on the header, i don't see a light blue, but only white, because under the semi-transparent image theres a white background that cover the principal blue background.

The problem is that if i substitute the background of the div container from white to transparent it creates problem because in the center of the page there are some part transparent, and i don't want it.

So i need to make transparent only header and footer, i hope to have expained the problem well...