Can't access backoffice

Christian

Hi,

i currently using v1.6.1.1 of prestashop and for a few hours now I cannot access the backoffice. A blank page tell me "is not a valid module name.".

I saw online that is caused by a wrong module name, maybe an underscore or a space. Anyway it has been corrected with this commit https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/e501e7fecb8d7f1fe621458665faf544d9fe9108. I would like to know if I'm forced to update or there is another way to solve.

Hope you can help me.

Looks like the solution is to update config/xml/must_have_modules_list.xml

add the name of your backoffice module by changing

<name><![CDATA[]]></name><displayName><![CDATA[Store Manager for PrestaShop]]></displayName>

to 

<name><![CDATA[backoffice]]></name><displayName><![CDATA[Store Manager for PrestaShop]]></displayName>

(that's assuming your backoffice module is called 'backoffice')

Edited by kolani (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback. Anyway I find a temporary solution, that is remove with a comment a line of code inside "classes/module/Module.php". Here you can search for "Return an instance of the specified module" and you can comment off the following line with an hashtag.

"die(Tools::displayError(Tools::safeOutput($module_name).' is not a valid module name.'));"

This line exit the function and return the string "is not a valid module name". Attentions, removing this line means basically let everything pass is as I write above, is only temporary solution.

I'll try to find a better solution but at least we can access the backoffice. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1