Google Shopping Configuration

ChrisU2R

I've just bought this official Prestashop Module http://addons.prestashop.com/en/comparison-shopping-prestashop/1615-google-shopping.html

Unfortunately, no instructions are provided with the download and being new to submitting feeds to Google (learning on the job), some basic info would be helpful ie. In Google merchant centre I'm trying to add a new feed from my site via the module, what would the data feed file name be, assuming google already knows to pick it up from my shop website. Also, how would I set a cron for this module?

Has anyone else applied this module and used it - you would have thought for the price it would have come with instructions, a text file at least?

Thanks to any kind souls replying to this post :)

Leave this module well alone, no support from addons store, no response to emails an my service provider just shut down my store to to excessive server usage generated by product.php when this module was installed.

I am now trying to get a refund on this but as I get NO RESPONSE from the prestashop addon store, right now I'm not feeling confident I'll get my money back.

Still no response to my emails but my problem is the modules use of the product.php which made my web hosting provider shut the site down due to excessive server load on a shared hosting package.

My bigger problem is that I've been installing prestashop for clients on the basis of a healthy add-on market. This experience is forcing me into looking for cart alternatives. With persistent email marketing (of a high standard) I took it for granted the add on store was official and reputable - I am now over £100 out of pocket with a very unimpressed client. At this stage I think it is fair to say that the Prestashop add-on store is at best a shambles, at worst a scam and I am becoming concerned that they may have my card details.

For me it works !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - use only Firefox, the issue for me was that i was using Chrome (from Google .....)
2 - in the module : click on En-USD for example,
3 - on the page you arrive, right click and click on Source code.
4 - select all and copy
5 - in a text editor : Textwrangler(osx) or Notepad(windows), paste and save under the name you want but with the extension .xml
6 - now you have the correct file that you can download in Google Merchant service in Data feed.

Tell me if it works.

Sylvain

I didn't read the beginning of your post. I'm on a shared hosting package form 1&1;and i have never had this kind of problem.

I have different online store in different countries. I used a lot Virtuemart, but i had a lot of problems. I also tried Magento .....

Before this problem with this module, i would say that i was 90% satisfied with Prestashop. And they are announcing the 1.4 version with will have :
- USPS module,
- guest check out,
- and it seems that the sales-tax wil be better for the US market (In Florida, county taxes ....)

I hope you will succeed to satisfy your customer.

I managed to get in touch with Tony (see above) who is passing on my queries to the addons team - hopefully things will start moving.

I have a very good and close relationship with my webhost and they are very responsive, providing good detail about the server loading. Unfortunately, even if the module works, the loads it creates on my shared hosting are too high. It would be ok on a VPS where I could allocate resources but I can't afford to re-deploy the site on a VPS due to time it will take and the additional hosting expense I would need to pass on to an already irritated customer.

I will try one or the other of the other modules (refund or credit forthcoming) and check that I don't get slapped wrists from my webhost when I try it/them but hopefully, if I get a line of communication, the module developer can confirm the anticipated server load.

I am really pleased you have got it working, however, as this is the first time you have deployed the module, you should expect your webhost to get in touch once the module has been running a while to give you a warning or you may be lucky and they're not as stringent as my host.

• 1 month later...

I am suffering the same problem, I have however managed to create a test feed on the Google merchant site. You can do this by selecting test feed call the file xxxxx and past the address generated when you click on the the datafeed in the module BO link right click and you can select the feed address. My problem is the feed is generating all the addresses "http://www.xxxxx.comhttp://www.xxxxxxx.com/garden-wall-art/51-falling-dandies-.html"
As you can see my clients address is generated twice any help much appreciated. Thanks Keith

Hi Keith,

I've been sent a revised file which should solve many of my previously mentioned problems but have not managed to try it out yet - I would suggest trying to contact prestashop addons to get the update or if all else fails, pm me and I'll give you a direct contact email.

• 10 months later...