Limit queries for Carts in Back Office ?

Hello,

I'm facing a huge issue, which is 100% PrestaShop developers fault (for once). I'm working with a big PrestaShop website, and when I say big, it's 25.000+ products, hundreds of clients everyday.

Here's the problem, when I access the products, my default products view limit is fixed at 50, and I'm actually loading 50 products : So the page loads and everything is okay, it takes 3 seconds (which is really slow tbh), but it loads.

The carts page though.... Is another thing. The shop I'm working with has more than 25.000 carts too. And guess what, there is NO limit on the back office Carts page despite having a list limit at the bottom of the page. I can't load the page. At all.

I tried multiple PHP settings to allow my query to go through (600 seconds........) and I get thrown a 504.

My client can't even click on the Carts tab in back office ie he doesn't want his website to die until the server automatically restarts.

I don't want to delete those carts for several reasons :

1. My client NEEDS to keep an history of his orders and carts for marketing reasons.
  2. It's clearly developers' fault here, why would you implement limits on every single resource of PrestaShop except Carts ?

I hope I gave enough explanations about this issue, I'll try to work on this on my free time and make a Pull Request on GitHub, but maybe one of you already faced this problem and found a temporary fix (maybe hardcoding a LIMIT somewhere ?)

Have a good day,

Edited by Kroonie
Edited title, clarity (see edit history)