Different Index without column info....

Hello all,

I may very well be blind but haven't been able to find this info anywhere so far. I am attempting to create a template that has an index page that is completely different than the other pages of presta. As such I do not want the modules etc to show up on the front page but do want them on all other pages. So how do I go about not including the $HOOK and columns to the index but still get the page to show?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am almost there, this is about my last problem to overcome...I really don't want to go back to Zen-Cart Presta seems much more robust...just need to get this figured out fast.

Thanks In Advance

Okay so I pretty much have it figured out I think

In order to get something to just display on the index page such as a flash or a picture I used

{if $page_name eq 'index'}
my code for the flash etc
{/if}

In the header.tpl file

In order for the modules to show up on the other pages but not on the index I opened up the index.php file in the main directory and removed the line

$smarty->assign('HOOK_HOME', Module::hookExec('home'));

Now the hooks show up on the other pages but not on the index page....I am still working on everything if you know of a better way, or see a problem with this method please let me know.

Thanks,
Brad