Newbie worked out SSL! and no issues with Paypal or Google Checkout!

uksurfer

Hi Guys,

After pulling my hair out for more than a week I have finally got my website working correctly and securely. There are some key points you need to have in place before you can achieve this.

I got it working with Prestashop 1.3.2.3, Google Checkout v1.0 and PayPal v2.0 modules installed and configured, and using Paypal Web Payments Pro. (Accept Credit/Debit cards without customer having a paypal account)

1. Your domain needs to be the main default domain on the host ie not a sub domain
2. You need a dedicated IP addres
3. You need a SSL certificate like GeoTrust registered as common name www.domain.com NOT domain.com

You also need to know how to generate private keys and install SSL certificated on your hosting account.

When you have all that in place, you can tell Prestashop to Enable SSL in the Preferences tab in the Back Office.

Once I had all these in place it took me 10 minutes and I am finally secure with both Google Checkout and Paypal reporting back to Prestashop correctly and sending out emails to the customer and the store to advise of the order.

Hope this helps.. if anyone wants any further guidance I will be happy to help for a small fee! PM me for details!