Module Carrier not appearing in Checkout

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a module that will add two things to my shop:

• A Wallet that contains each customer's digital products (not downloads, but keys, licenses, etc.)
  • A Carrier that handles storing those digital products in the customer's wallet after he buys them.

The carrier appears in the Backoffice and all settings seem as they should be.

When I assign this carrier to a product, add that to the cart, and then proceed to checkout, the carrier doesn't appear as a shipping option. Carriers created from the Backoffice do appear though.

All zones and countries are enabled

The array I use for hydrating the carrier looks as follows: 

array(
    'id_tax_rules_group' => 5,
    'name' => $this->displayName,
    'active' => true,
    'shipping_handling' => false, // Decides whether the shipping handling fee is applied at all
    'range_behavior' => false, // Out-of-range behavior (true = Disable Carrier)
    'is_module' => true,
    'is_free' => true,
    'shipping_external' => true, // Decides if shipping cost is calculated by the module
    'need_range' => false, // Decides whether getOrderShippingCost(true) or getOrderShippingCostExternal(false) will be used.
    'external_module_name' => $this->name,
    'grade' => 9,
    'delay' => array(
        'en' => 'An English Description.',
        'de' => 'Eine Deutsche Beschreibung.'
    )
)

I've run out of ideas and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

• 2 years later...
On 5/24/2018 at 6:10 PM, tomiel said:

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a module that will add two things to my shop:

• A Wallet that contains each customer's digital products (not downloads, but keys, licenses, etc.)
  • A Carrier that handles storing those digital products in the customer's wallet after he buys them.

The carrier appears in the Backoffice and all settings seem as they should be.

When I assign this carrier to a product, add that to the cart, and then proceed to checkout, the carrier doesn't appear as a shipping option. Carriers created from the Backoffice do appear though.

All zones and countries are enabled

The array I use for hydrating the carrier looks as follows: 

array(
    'id_tax_rules_group' => 5,
    'name' => $this->displayName,
    'active' => true,
    'shipping_handling' => false, // Decides whether the shipping handling fee is applied at all
    'range_behavior' => false, // Out-of-range behavior (true = Disable Carrier)
    'is_module' => true,
    'is_free' => true,
    'shipping_external' => true, // Decides if shipping cost is calculated by the module
    'need_range' => false, // Decides whether getOrderShippingCost(true) or getOrderShippingCostExternal(false) will be used.
    'external_module_name' => $this->name,
    'grade' => 9,
    'delay' => array(
        'en' => 'An English Description.',
        'de' => 'Eine Deutsche Beschreibung.'
    )
)

I've run out of ideas and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Hi, tomiel. I have this problem too. When is_module is true, the carrier didn't appear on the checkout page. But when I set is_module to false, the carrier did appear, but it couldn't call the displayCarrierExtraContent hook. Do you already have a solution now?