How do you develop a Prestashop e-commerce website with a team? How do you set your workflow?

I'm starting to work on a medium/large size project were I need a team.

While one or two persons are working on the theme development, another person needs to be working on the content (categories, products, cms, ...).
So, everybody need to share the same DB and development assets (scss, js, ...).

How do you setup your team workflow?

Hi, maybe if i share i got ideas too

Just a big picture

1  Select the Prestashop version, I use to download it on my server.  Everybody install from that version, over the time you can change the version to have some custom data or additional modules but that is after you got a real progress ( install your products, add extra modules, change the modules version). Important nobody should be update anything  if you need because a bug or something . request to everyone update and you should update the Prestashop install default that you use .

2  If all the staff use different os like some windows others osx or linux the I prefer working over a docker you need take away problems with the server configuration like php versions, mysql versions,

3 Create git version of your theme and each module you develop very important try to don't override anything from the core is easy update prestashop version if you dont mess with the core if you need it need fix 1. Work always with a develop branch to keep the master on the production server.

4 Testing Site and Production Site,  try to automate the update with git using webhooks and scripts. One person should be the role to accept the updates of the master because is everybody can do it is going to be a mess.

5  The person working on the contents should be use just Production and here came the hard part the database and images the image is not a big deal just a copy but on the database you need to create script to update any change you do on the structure to replicate on production and create the script to got that info or create cron to download production database and change on develop note is important use script because manually you can miss data

6 each develop can update manually using git on the theme or the modules you create

Some people put all on a git repo but for me is a madness do that keep any small

After got a real functionality update 1,

You can test a new Prestahsop version just install the version and install with git your modules or theme

• 2 months later...
On 23/05/2018 at 3:59 AM, jgamio said:

2  If all the staff use different os like some windows others osx or linux the I prefer working over a docker you need take away problems with the server configuration like php versions, mysql versions,

3 Create git version of your theme and each module you develop very important try to don't override anything from the core is easy update prestashop version if you dont mess with the core if you need it need fix 1. Work always with a develop branch to keep the master on the production server.

I like the fact that you are using Docker and Git. 

Traditionally I installed Prestashop on a PHP server and was connecting over FTP to edit the .tpl and CSS files. To make edits to the Database, I used phpMyAdmin.

Now, how do you connect your running Docker container to a FTP client or GIT?

Do you always update only the Image and then restart the Container?

How would you make a backup of your Prestashop installation?