Problem with default-bootstrap product module home tabs

gambrinus777

Hi all,
in prestashop 1.6 default-bootstrap theme and I have have tab new, popular and special products on homepage.
I'm trying to change products in these three tabs but I cannot manage the products I would like to show in tabs

New products: I tried to change the product in back-end to the status "re-entered" but this doesn't show the product in the homepage tab. Is the module managed with data creation or modify date on DB and if it is, which is the way to modify the product in back-end to show it in new products tab?

Popular: products must be associated to the home category. Done, but I don't see them even after emptying the cache ... what does it depend on? How can I do?

Specials: they are managed by inserting a specific price for the single product. I enter it with start and end data, save, but in the specific price tab I have no row and the product is not visible in special tab ... why?

I would like to have two or three tabs to highlight some products on the homepage for a few weeks ... how can I solve them? 

Do you have any idea about some other modules to use?

Thanks all