Custom product builder page

Hi,

I'm working on PS 1.7.3, and somehow trying to create a custom product builder page. The main goal of this page is to allow the user to build his own product, based on many sub-products. I want to have a conditional based price, and then to be able to add others sub-products using different prices for each, that would be displayed in the cart during the checkout. I created a module for my custom developments, but I'm not sure which would be the best way to proceed :

1. To override the ProductController inside my module. I can create a specific product called 'Builder', assign it some declinations which would contain based price. My override would then be effective when reaching this specific product page, and would modify the associated view in order to display the "builder interface". I'll have to load all sub-products and add them to the cart if picked, while ajusting the price.
  2. To create a ModuleFrontController inside my module. I'll have to load everything from database, and fully build the Controller + Views to recreate basic product page features (calcul of the price, add to cart, etc..). This looks a bit more harder, but maybe that's the right practice here.

What do you guys think should be the best option at this point ?

Thanks for your help,

T.