Disable full page cache (Memcached) manually 1.7.3

Tusa Products

Well, bricked my website in the middle of a weekday again because I was foolish enough to check yes on one of the boxes in the back end and assumed it might work properly. I need to know how to disable the full page caching via memcached option manually via files or database. Turning on cache, no, not smarty, no, not CCC, no, not css, turning on full page cache with the memcached PECL extension produces this error and takes down the entire site, both front and back end:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method CacheMemcached::getQueryHash() in /home/labree5/public_html/classes/db/Db.php:581 Stack trace: #0 /home/labree5/public_html/classes/shop/Shop.php(344): DbCore->executeS('SELECT s.id_sho...') #1 /home/labree5/public_html/config/config.inc.php(117): ShopCore::initialize() #2 /home/labree5/public_html/admin123/index.php(43): require('/home/labree5/p...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/labree5/public_html/classes/db/Db.php on line 581

Edited by Tusa Products (see edit history)

I think Prestashop may have bricked my entire server with that setting. I've replaced all the files in Prestashop that had been modified today (only a couple config files). I've restored a database backup. Prestashop went changing settings on my servers somewhere outside of the Prestashop directory is the only thing I can think of. I can't find where this setting is in Prestashop. It's not in the database because I restored a backup. It's not in the HTML folder because no files have been edited. 

• 6 months later...

Hey!  Hopefully you are still gainfully employed.

The value you seek is found here:

/var/www/*prestashop_directory*/html/app/config/parameters.php

The key you are looking for is:

'ps_cache_enable'

You want to set the value to false, like this:

'ps_cache_enable' => false

That should do it.

Edited by juchems (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1