Some features are wiped out and erased.

MJ_C

Hello,

I don't know if there is a solution to this but I have been searching for weeks.

I use PS 1.6.1.3

I use features for ebay_metal ebay_theme etc, so that we can pass the information through to modules and, you guessed it ebay.

I have most of my product information as csv spreadhseets and purchased a product importer "Product Catalog (CSV, Excel) Import" by mypresta.

This made it easier than trying to navigate PS own importer as some of the features contain "COMMAS" grrrrrrr.

Imported my files and all appeared good.  The ebay module was using the features and all went through to ebay.

BUT

I noticed that some features appeared to be missing as I was editing some items now and again.

I use PAID prestools, which is awesome for looking at stuff in bulk and I could see that many of the same features of pretty much all products had been wiped.

I thought it might be a problem with the importer module and they did try many different things to help but, it seems randomly, the features would be wiped again and again.

I tried turning off cache and checking all crons for anything else that might cause them being wiped but nothing solved.

Recently I have learned about the PS tables and where all the bits and pieces are stored.  I found the features and I could see all the number and values set.

I compared an item that had it's features set to one that had been wiped and could see that the values of the wiped one had values that then didn't exist in the other table.

(difficult to explain that one but I could see the values before and after)

I did another import using the importer last night and all 8000 items had all their features back.

After checking this morning all appeared safe.  I suddenly had a thought, and should had it sooner. I wondered if the manual edit of an item's features would wipe all the features again.

Bingo.

I edited ONE single item's features, used pretools to look at all the features, and they were all wiped again.

Of the 10 features I have on each product, 7 have been wiped of pretty much every item, again.

I am out of ideas and don't want to have to manually enter features for 8000 products especially if they might disappear again.

I did wonder previously whether there might be an issue with languages so I set GB as my default and killed off all other languages.  This didn't make any difference, although I notice that different lang_ID in the table still although these languages don't show in the back office.

Below is a piccy but you will see that BulletPoint1-5 SHOULD all be populated but 2,3,4 have been wiped throughout.

In the BO features BulletPoint 2,3,4 also have choices available but I choose to upload as customised for ease, so not sure if that maybe part of it wheras 1 and 5 do not have drop downs and are custom.. Having said that on ebay_theme, this is again a dropdown on the BO but as shown in prestools, some survive and some have not, they should all be populated.

ps-forum-features-erased-help-please.thumb.PNG.8981860b5ea734d62e575ab66af1d2d1.PNG

If anyone has any ideas then please let me know.

Kind regards Simon