New registrant picks up the cart of an active user

BENJ56

Hi all,

It's been a little less than a month now that we're facing a real problem with our e-commerce website running Prestashop 1.6.1.18.

Here are the issues. Please note that those issues are not easy to replicate and neither do they seem to happen on every order :

•  It seems that when someone creates an account on our website, if someone else online has an ongoing cart, then this new registrant will pick up this one going cart directly.
  •  The issue also seem to be affecting existing customers. Last week I had a regular customer calling me because she placed her usual product on her cart.  She went  through the buying funnel and before being able to select her delivery method, she got a message saying that her cart was empty so she went back and tried again and ended up paying for a completely different product.
  •  Also in the back office, you can tell that when someone creates an account, the name of the person having an ongoing cart is changed for this new registrant.

Like I said, it doesn't seem to happen always but I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from.

Hope someone out there will be able to help... @vekia ?

If you need further explainations, don't hesitate to ask.

I already tried some things to fix the issues but without a change :

• Cleared Smarty Cache,
  • Update the Prestashop from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.1.18
  • Run a check on the database (no issues)
  • Uninstall some modules
  • Disable the cache in performance tab

My guess is that is might be a cookies issues but yeah, I need you guys :)

Thanks a in advance for your inputs !

Edited by BENJ56
Private info (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I have the same issue... 

When I visit my website and then creating new account I have the shopping cart of an previous user and also displaying his name in blockuserinfo... I figured out that is caused by the Cache System. If Cache is deactivated then everything works fine, but when I activate it, I've got wrong user name and sometimes wrong card... Did you solved the issue?